Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinions on Wheeler's 3 leaf AAL

Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on Wheeler's 3 leaf AAL

Anyone have this? Thoughts on it compared to a single AAL? I like the idea that it has progressive spring rates to maintain a soft(ish) ride untill the spring is under a heavier load.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I think you'll find that any leaf spring is progressive- The single AAL just change the feel from the stock pack a bit.
I'm installing mine sometime in the next month...but I'm excited about it. I'm still not sure if I'm going to remove the overload leaf or not. I'm thinking I'll leave it in there and see what happens.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
Anyone have this? Thoughts on it compared to a single AAL? I like the idea that it has progressive spring rates to maintain a soft(ish) ride untill the spring is under a heavier load.
i just installed mine. i took out a 2" block and the factory overload spring. it feel SO MUCH BETTER. i was amazed. i have not loaded up the bed too much yet so I'm not sure how the new springs will handle under load. I also installed a wheelers 1" block to make the truck level. BTW i also have the OME 182 that improved the feel as well.