Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Holding With Toyota

Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Holding With Toyota

At the time of this post I've been on hold for 15 minutes with toyota customer service. I'm trying to find the weight of the chrome bumper so I can ship it out. Anyone just happen to know the weight so I don't have to wait?

They keep asking me arbitrary things like my VIN and mailing address. I just want to know about the bumper...

damn, 16:30 on hold and counting.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPrerunner05 View Post
At the time of this post I've been on hold for 15 minutes with toyota customer service. I'm trying to find the weight of the chrome bumper so I can ship it out. Anyone just happen to know the weight so I don't have to wait?

They keep asking me arbitrary things like my VIN and mailing address. I just want to know about the bumper...

damn, 16:30 on hold and counting.
Thats better than i.. I called this morning to find out how much for a full detail and it rang i'd say, 15 times before someone answered and just put me on hold for a good 10 mins just to tell me there was no one who could help.

They denied my TSB, they wouldnt cover my all weather mats when i wore a hole in them after 6 months... NOT happy with the dealer at all.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

Bad experience

Dealer couldnt help me.

I'm on hold with corporate
Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
dirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to behold

dirthawker1313's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a scale in your house stand on it alone and see what you weigh then stand on it with the bumper and WHOLA..you have the bumper weight.. thats if you have a scale at home..
Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthawker1313 View Post
if you have a scale in your house stand on it alone and see what you weigh then stand on it with the bumper and WHOLA..you have the bumper weight.. thats if you have a scale at home..
Ding,ding,ding...we have a winner.
I do that every time.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthawker1313 View Post
Do you realize you can buy a case of beer for the cost of a scale?

Basically I do not have a scale...well, not one that can handle lbs.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you realize you can buy a case of beer for the cost of a scale?

Basically I do not have a scale...well, not one that can handle lbs.
Carry the bumped into a Target store, and use one of theirs.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Carry the bumped into a Target store, and use one of theirs.

excuse me mam, where are your scales located?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've done it before....You get some wierd looks, but you can do it....
Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pack the bumper for shipment and then hit the Target scale.
You won't look as wierd as with the bumper.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The Publix grocery store near here has one of those huge super calibrated step on scales...Go for it!!
Hey, I'll just ship it to you and then you can go down there and weigh it for me.

I'm thinking I'll just take it off and go ask ups
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #14
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, I'll just ship it to you and then you can go down there and weigh it for me.

I'm thinking I'll just take it off and go ask ups
Actually,I'd just use the house scale.