Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rad Red and Black

Old 05-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Rad Red and Black

Did some things this week and was finally able to wash it today. They gave me an extra grill when I bought it so I played around with it. I think it will look a lot better when I do the BHLM. I want to get a Rad. Red Grill in the future. What do you think?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I like it bro. Awesome job.

Yeah paint the grille surrround red and black out the emblem. Or just do the BHLM
Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I like it bro. Awesome job.

Yeah paint the grille surrround red and black out the emblem. Or just do the BHLM
Yea when I put the grill on it really made the headlights stand out. I may put the chrome back on till I get to the BHLM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah looks good! I would do a black and red them just like you if my truck were red. But yeah, get a red grill surround and do the BHLM. That will look killer IMO!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Lookin good!, Nice work
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #6

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm hoping I can find someone locally to trade my spare chrome grill and chrome bumper for their black ones. My buddy gave me some vinyl to do the lower bumper but my skill was defeated by it. I was getting wrinkles everywhere so that went in the trash.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What edition is that by the way. It looks like a mix of the sports and off-road?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #8

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
It's an Offroad but the previous owner had a lift and tires and he works for Toyota. So he took that off and replaced it with the Sport wheels. He also had them paint the mirrors at one point.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
You know what would look really good? a Satoshi grille on your truck.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #10

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Lookin good!, Nice work
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
You know what would look really good? a Satoshi grille on your truck.
When I get the Rad. Red grill I will do something like that.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzer View Post
It's an Offroad but the previous owner had a lift and tires and he works for Toyota. So he took that off and replaced it with the Sport wheels. He also had them paint the mirrors at one point.
Yeah thats the first thing I noticed was the black door handles but the painted mirrors! Plus no hood scoop. Looks good though!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #14

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
It's a mutt truck. I was curious how many would notice the base of the mirror is painted too where the Sports models are not.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzer View Post
It's a mutt truck. I was curious how many would notice the base of the mirror is painted too where the Sports models are not.
Yeah I just noticed that too! Only my mirror is painted but not the plastic part that goes on the truck. Its okay though because I got a B & W theme goin on.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #16
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
I like it man. Great job. Look very professional.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #17

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Very, very tasteful. The Devil Truck!
Thanks. I like that name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
I like it man. Great job. Look very professional.
I appreciate it. There are no close ups of the grill because during the final coat I went to pick it up and it fell off my hand onto the fresh paint on the face of it. I sanded down most of it but some of the scratches you can still see.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
looks awsome. i've been wanting a set of those wheels powder coated like that for my truck in the worst way lately but just don't have the money for them and tires right now.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #19

Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
looks awsome. i've been wanting a set of those wheels powder coated like that for my truck in the worst way lately but just don't have the money for them and tires right now.
I used Rustoleum Wheel paint in flat black but its more of a satin look. The caps are satin black Krylon Fusion and the red logo is from the same caliper paint I used. The powder coat will give you a much more durable finish...I"m just cheap.