Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front end help please

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
barefoot-n-81 is on a distinguished road

barefoot-n-81's Tacoma Gallery
Front end help please

hey everyone... Let me start by saying I'm not even close to being a mechanic, however i love my 05. problem is i can't seem to keep the front end to stay lined up. I took it to get aligned, and within the week it begain pulling to the right again. problem 2 the brakes. I'm thinking its just air in the lines, however not sure. the brakes just seem soft when slowing, i still have brakes just seems to take more of an effort to stop than my last car... a jeep. Also when slowing, there is a whistle that sounds like its coming from the rear, however this is hard to tell while driving... any thoughts so far?
3rd just noticed today, after turning the truck on, the maintenance light flashes briefly but then cuts off, is this something that always happens when cranking the truck?

thanks for any feed back...
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot-n-81 View Post
hey everyone... Let me start by saying I'm not even close to being a mechanic, however i love my 05. problem is i can't seem to keep the front end to stay lined up. I took it to get aligned, and within the week it begain pulling to the right again. problem 2 the brakes. I'm thinking its just air in the lines, however not sure. the brakes just seem soft when slowing, i still have brakes just seems to take more of an effort to stop than my last car... a jeep. Also when slowing, there is a whistle that sounds like its coming from the rear, however this is hard to tell while driving... any thoughts so far?
3rd just noticed today, after turning the truck on, the maintenance light flashes briefly but then cuts off, is this something that always happens when cranking the truck?

thanks for any feed back...
As for the maintenance light, it is supposed to come on like that when your ready to get the oil changed. If you wait longer it will stay on while you drive.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
barefoot-n-81 is on a distinguished road

barefoot-n-81's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, i didn't have a manual or anything with this truck and never had a vehicle that worked like this... I just changed the oil about every 3500. Thanks man, theres one down.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
BONES is on a distinguished road

BONES's Tacoma Gallery
Question, do you know how much air pressure you are running in the front? I noticed that when I run more than the suggested pressure in the front (29psi) my truck would feel like it's 'floating' at highway speeds. The steering felt loose and it would have a tendency to wander. Just a thought. Also, I changed my brake-lines to stainless steel lines and that definitely made a difference in pedal feel. It's been suggested that maybe just the re-bleeding of the brake-lines fixed my problem and not the actual lines but, I'm still glad I did the upgrade. Plus, I like the way they look. Hope this helps.