Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What type of top do you guys recommend?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
SuperWhiteDC09 is on a distinguished road
SuperWhiteDC09's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SuperWhiteDC09
What type of top do you guys recommend?

Hey guys! Just got my Tacoma last week and I want to get a tonneau cover for my bed. I know I do not want a hard top but maybe a folding or roll up. My question is what do you guys recommend? Where can I get a good deal and if you have pics please post. Thanks ahead of time!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine off of ebay. Its an extang tuff cover or something like that! Oh and its a roll-up, not a fold-up.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteDC09 View Post
Hey guys! Just got my Tacoma last week and I want to get a tonneau cover for my bed. I know I do not want a hard top but maybe a folding or roll up. My question is what do you guys recommend? Where can I get a good deal and if you have pics please post. Thanks ahead of time!
What's your price range? I have a hard folding cover (Bakflip G2), ran about $600.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I have pics in my album just put your mouse on the little cam to the left.
I have the G4 Elite fold a cover, I think it looks great
Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
majority of the guys on here run the ACCESS covers...
Great price via Luke at Truck Alterations
Thats who most all of us have bought from!!
http://www.truckalterations.com/html/access.html
Old 05-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Do you absolutely want a tonneau?

BesTop has a $100 MIR til the end of june (I think...) for their Supertop.

I personally think that the supertop is the most badass thing when it comes to something to keep the bed dry, and plan on getting one before the MIR is expired.

heres a install on a first gen. so awesome!
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...bestopmain.htm

you can get one for under $500 after rebate..
Old 05-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #7
sdh600 is on a distinguished road
sdh600's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a new Access Limited from http://www.truckalterations.com/html/access.html. I placed the order online on thursday morning and friday afternoon it was at my door. You can't beat service like that. And at an great price. I hope to get it put on this weekend.