Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Cleat Security

Old 05-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
I like that mod but think it would be even better if you put a small padlock through the hole. Just one hole at the bottem with a padlock through it would make it impossible to turn the knob to loosen. Then you wouldent have too replace the ties every time you move it. A combo padlock would make it easy....
Old 05-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
I just keep them in the cab until I need them...
Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

wooah wooah wooah... thats wayyyyyy to easy!!! TRY AGAIN!!! LOL
Old 05-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerpeterson View Post
wooah wooah wooah... thats wayyyyyy to easy!!! TRY AGAIN!!! LOL
It's pathetic, but necessary... freak'in dishonest asshats...

Same reason I don't keep my hitch in the receiver either...
Old 05-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerpeterson View Post
I like that mod but think it would be even better if you put a small padlock through the hole. Just one hole at the bottem with a padlock through it would make it impossible to turn the knob to loosen. Then you wouldent have too replace the ties every time you move it. A combo padlock would make it easy....
Yeah, I thought of that as well. I am going to try to find a small braided wire that can be locked. Loop end thru loop end with a lock. I just went out to the garage and drilled 6x2 holes in 5 minutes. Use a good new 3/16 drill bit, push gently and makes a nice neat hole. It can't hurt. Doesn't affect the cleats function or strength at all.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Tacoma's Quest!
Mon Leb is on a distinguished road

Mon Leb's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl697 View Post
i just keep them in the cab until i need them...
Old 05-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #9

Dunno? Probibly not since that would be to easy for Toyota!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i keep them on the compartment under my back seats....
Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I have a small zipper bag w/bungee cords and rope. I just throw all 4 of them in that bag until I need them.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #15
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Damn.... wish I would have known about this a little sooner..... I spent $1,500 on a cap just to protect my bed cleats......
wha??!?? lol...

I have a tonneau, just slide my cleats in towards the middle and the tonneau locks in the same rails. Pop-n-lock on order now, so no ones gettin my shit!

Thats a very simple mod... I like the idea and like you said, it may slow them down long enough to get the dogs outta the house, but I don't think its really going to stop them, especially kids. They see that, they'll just come back the next night with a pair of dikes.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #16
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
wha??!?? lol...

I have a tonneau, just slide my cleats in towards the middle and the tonneau locks in the same rails. Pop-n-lock on order now, so no ones gettin my shit!
Exactly..... LOL.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #17
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Exactly..... LOL.
the Pop N Locks are flimsy and could be opened by a one armed 25 lb mentally handicapped midget. I have one. They work, but if you want it for security, all you'll end up with is bent metal and an open tailgate.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
the Pop N Locks are flimsy and could be opened by a one armed 25 lb mentally handicapped midget. I have one. They work, but if you want it for security, all you'll end up with is bent metal and an open tailgate.
explain please? Never heard this before.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
explain please? Never heard this before.
You will see when you take off the inside plastic panel on the tailgate to install it. The entire mechanism is just lightweight. I have been tempted to pull up hard on mine just to see what happens but it would certainly break it. These are NOT hardcore security devices. $40...you get what you pay for. In fact, I don't even keep mine locked any more - I don't want some bastard to mess up my tailgate when I know he could get in anyway.