1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Luck??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dirthawker1313, May 24, 2009.

1. May 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    so i have my new 09 DC replacement for my old 07 DC lemon. ive had my new truck 3 days and with less than 500 miles and it gets hit by a F%$@ing rock that came from a passing car.. what dumb luck.. its all the way to the metal and 1 1/2" tall by 2" wide..:mad:

damage1.jpg
    damage2.jpg

2. May 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Dude that sucks! Sorry about that man.:( Oh hey I just got back from Vegas last week! Was there for 4 nights at the Sahara! Good times!

3. May 24, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Touch up paint and polish it with a buffer. You should be fine bro. Besides, you can't call it a truck until it gets its first nick or dent. Lucky for you, you didn't have to wait long. That's what my dad would always say.

4. May 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
    Dude, I feel for you. I had a similiar situation with my truck. I purchased my 09 Access Cab on a Tuesday afternoon. I was driving to work the very next day, Wednesday, at 2am in the morning when I hear a loud thump on the Windshield. There are no cars in front or in back of me. I didnt go under any over passes. I'm thinking WTF. I turn on the map lights, look, and see nothing. Sigh of relief. Then 8am in the morning, suns out, I go to my truck for a break. F'n A.... I see a chip/crack on the upper left of the windshield. Fortunately, the dealer was able to fix it for $50 and not replace the glass.

5. May 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    I know how you feel. Last weekend I was packing up my '09 to go camping, when I noticed a three inch crease in the rear passenger fender. No paint damage, but judging by the height and shape, I'd say some jackass in an SUV opened their rear door. I just don't know how anyone could be stupid enough to open their door that bloody hard. Way I see it though, trucks are supposed to be beat up a tad... just pisses me off as I'm hoping to upgrade when the lease ends in 2 and a half years.

Products Discussed in

To Top