Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Houston, We have lift off!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Houston, We have lift off!

I've been building some rock sliders in my college fab shop over the last month and a half...... here they are, finally painted and on the truck!
Material is .120" wall 2" HREW tube, and .120" wall 2x3" HREW tube along with 1/4" thick 'L' bracket mounts and gussets. They're hella beefy!
Starting with a few raw pics during the build......

Lift off! I was itching to finally throw my hi-lift under and see if there was any flexing..... there wasn't any at all with the full weight of 1/2 the truck on it.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass man, nicely done
Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
wanna make me some?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I give ya 200 and whatever for shipping to Astoria I can make my family ship them from there ^_^
Old 05-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
daleclough is on a distinguished road
daleclough's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking sliders! Well done!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Really good looking build man. Rep 4 u!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Nice job, now for your homework assignment you need to make about one hundred more pair.
Reps to you for a fine job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
Really good looking build man. Rep 4 u!!
Thanks guys.

I'd love to make more, but until I have my own shop equipment and a jig or something to make the process quicker, it doesn't look like its gonna happen.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #15
03blk27 is on a distinguished road
03blk27's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awsome man, good job. Have been wanting to do this myself but lack the bender. Did you use a tubing bender or did you heat/ bend it on something round?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03blk27 View Post
Looks awsome man, good job. Have been wanting to do this myself but lack the bender. Did you use a tubing bender or did you heat/ bend it on something round?
I used an air over hydraulic Tube shark bender.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Good job!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn fine job on the sliders man!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck, I'm on the way there to pick up some! Throw another set like those together, I'm on the way. Got GPS. See ya in about 27 hrs. That should be plenty of time since you got it down now huh?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #20

Thanks again guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Fuck, I'm on the way there to pick up some! Throw another set like those together, I'm on the way. Got GPS. See ya in about 27 hrs. That should be plenty of time since you got it down now huh?
LOL. I think I have twice that much into them. They just seemed to take forever but you're right, now that i've done one set I know all the measurements and I could probably do more sets in less than 1/2 the time. If I had 10 or so sets to do and just cut all the pieces, jiged them up and thew them together like that, then I can see doing 2 sets in a day(with the legs and gussets already welded in).