Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Should I Do Next

Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
cstainton will become famous soon enough

cstainton's Tacoma Gallery
What Should I Do Next

Should i get sliders or and exhaust first? What do you guys think?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust.... Are you going to be rock climbing alot
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
ask yourself........"do i want a lil more sound............or do i want protection and looks"..................if it was me, i'd go with sliders. you can get a muffler installed for cheap.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Exhaust.... Are you going to be rock climbing alot
Im going to start to get into it... Im stuck on which exhaust the Flowmaster 40 Daul Tip, or someone offered to build me a custom magnaflow universal and we are going to cut of the tip so its not seen? what would you do?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
ask yourself........"do i want a lil more sound............or do i want protection and looks"..................if it was me, i'd go with sliders. you can get a muffler installed for cheap.

Yeah im leaning towards sliders as well...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstainton View Post
Im going to start to get into it... Im stuck on which exhaust the Flowmaster 40 Daul Tip, or someone offered to build me a custom magnaflow universal and we are going to cut of the tip so its not seen? what would you do?
Either one will be a good choice.

But if you go with the MagnaFlow custom with the cut off tip (how far back are you going to cut it?)

Sliders- If your getting into it, it would be good to get it but since you have the dual tips they might get super damaged and then its worth nothing
Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Either one will be a good choice.

But if you go with the MagnaFlow custom with the cut off tip (how far back are you going to cut it?)

Sliders- If your getting into it, it would be good to get it but since you have the dual tips they might get super damaged and then its worth nothing

umm im not sure my cousin who is going to do it has it all drawn out with the measurements and all... i think (im not sure) he is think about cutting it around the back of the cab.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
umm im not sure my cousin who is going to do it has it all drawn out with the measurements and all... i think (im not sure) he is think about cutting it around the back of the cab.
Cut it right after it curves over the differential
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Cut it right after it curves over the differential
thats probally what he is doing.. the only reason i want to do that is becuase i want my truck to be different..... everyone can get a Flowmaster 40 but you cant get the custom exhause anywhere, and there being no tip will make it look clean... as well as prevent it from getting scratched on any rocks becuase its better protected.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats probally what he is doing.. the only reason i want to do that is becuase i want my truck to be different..... everyone can get a Flowmaster 40 but you cant get the custom exhause anywhere, and there being no tip will make it look clean... as well as prevent it from getting scratched on any rocks becuase its better protected.
Yeah im getting mine cut off too. It will help with the tail pipe getting pinched and its not going to be in the way.

Go look at this: this will help with your decision
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...5-25-09-a.html

Scroll down to SirMarlon's pics
Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Yeah im getting mine cut off too. It will help with the tail pipe getting pinched and its not going to be in the way.

Go look at this: this will help with your decision
yeah it looks really good he has a 01 tacoma i believe and it looks really good... Ill post some pics when i get around to doing it.... Im trying to find a welder in the Phoenix area to help out...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Any body shop should be able to do it
Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Any body shop should be able to do it
Yeah i forgot my dad knows someone who owns a body shop... Thanks you might of jsut saved me alot of time haha..
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah i forgot my dad knows someone who owns a body shop... Thanks you might of jsut saved me alot of time haha..
haha no problem Bro Glad i could help
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #16

Quote:
haha no problem Bro Glad i could help
i appericate it...