1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Limmo Tint

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cstainton, May 27, 2009.

1. May 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    Iv got 15% on my front, left my factory 20% on the rear windows, and got my back window done in 5%. Having the 15% up front and the 5% in the back it darkens up the inside alot more then you would think.

Backing up isnt bad at all, and if its kinda iffy just roll down the windows and you got all the vision you need.

2. May 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    I have no issues seeing out of mine. Backing up at night is the only time it becomes a problem, but a quick flip of the window switch solves that!

3. May 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    cstainton

cstainton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    05 Ext Cab 4X4 SR5 v6 Short Bed, Manual
    6in Procomp Lift, Chrome Bull Bar, Billet Grille, TRD CAI, Tacoma seat covers, Kenwood 6in Nav/DVD/Music player, Viper alarm system, Tinted Tails, Rear Diff Breather Ext.

ahaha i canb only hope i get pulled over by you now.. haha but if you ever see my truck dont be afraid to turn the lights on to say a quick hello haha.

4. May 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    [​IMG]
    20 percent all the way

5. May 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I'd love to go darker but... I already have enough reasons to get pulled over as it is :cough ridiculously low speed limits in az: That and not all the cops are as cool as Pinal :D

Another reason I'm not keen on doing it though is going out of state.

6. May 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    It's funny...I've even seen patrol cars with illegal tint. Hell some of the old cars in my agency had limo tint on the fronts..I know because I had one as a loaner car when mine was in for service..

7. May 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM
    boostin04sti

boostin04sti bundy

Member:
    layton, ut
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Debadged, KMC XD Revolvers-17x9 with Nitto Mud Grapplers-33x 12.5, Wethertech floor mats and rain guards, Wet Okole seat covers, BHLM, OME 3 inch lift w/ AAL, TC UCAs, more to come
    i got pulled over in arizona on my way to texas. got a fix it ticket for it. he told me to get it fixed when i got home and have it signed off and send it in. when i said i wasnt going back to vegas for 3 months he said just sign it and send it in when i got to texas. had 5% on my subie but when he put the meter on my window it said 6%. my shit faded.

8. May 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    pinal would you say the reason we have tint laws is to protect police, so that when a car gets pulled over, an officer can see inside the vehicle and see what the person is doing inside the car...or is it the fact that its harder to see out of at night? ..The reason i have it is it looks cool and keeps the truck cooler in the heat:D

9. May 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    TacoTacoMan

TacoTacoMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 AC Prerunner SR5
    Stock
    I had dark tint on my wrx and it was a pain in the ass when I used to do some mountain runs. It's fine for cruising around and definitely looks nice, but I would rather like to see where I'm driving. I noticed at night, I would sometimes roll down my windows while I'm turning :p

10. May 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089

its fkinnnn hard to see at night (just reversing though)!

11. May 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Yeah..the whole "protect the Police" is the academy answer. I do agree to an extent. I've worked Swings and graves for the past 7 years and it does suck to roll up an a car with extremely dark tint. yes it can be a safety issue, but it's something that I am willing to deal with. I can manipulate my spot light, take down lights and high beams to assist me in seeing inside the car. Also, I approach the car from a different angle to help me too. Needless to say, I try to adapt and deal with each stop accordingly.

I can also sympathize for the dayshift guys, who don't have the use of spot lights and such..because it's DAYTIME..you can't see inside the car at all. We just have to be that much more cautious. Complacency will get us KILLED out here.

Another part of me says that having tint laws is an infringment on my rights as a free citizen. So yeah...I'm torn on this.

12. May 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i think to an extent...both for protection for the police...and general vehicular safety are good reasons for some tint laws...but i dont see the need for some states to not allow it at all

it can be almost IMPOSSIBLE to see inside some of these vehicles with super dark illegal tint...and that creates a safety hazard for the driver of the vehicle (if they drive at night), other vehicles on the road around said vehicle if driven at night, and for any officer that may have a reason to approach the vehicle

i like some tint...it preserves the life of the interior of a vehicle, it keeps prying eyes from too easily seeing something i may have laying in the backseat, and if the right kind, it cuts the glare down on a super bright day...not to mention cutting down on the UV rays hitting your skin...but i think theres such a thing as too dark and when it becomes a safety issue for those around you...thats when its too dark

13. May 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i also think tint tickets are a waste of time and effort...if i spent my day stopping cars that have illegal (or possibly illegal) tint...i'd never get anything else done...

however...if i stop a vehicle for another violation...and then im given attitude...i might whip out the ole tint meter...

14. May 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    Inundated

Inundated Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern CA.
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner DC/SB TRD Off ROad
    Come on guys... be brave and tint the windshield!

:thumbsup:

Last 4 cars done and not a single peep out of the notoriously fickle CHP.

15. May 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    I always wondered about this. If my vehicle is registered in Arizona and I decide to drive to California, the police there can give me a ticket based on their laws?? Since tint laws vary by State I don't see how this is possible. Or is it not possible?? :confused:

16. May 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yes, your vehicle must abide by local laws of where they are. You can ignore the ticket however... but if you go back they can hit you up for it again and for ignoring it. Most of the time, they let it slide when you have out of state plates... but not always.

17. May 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    That's insane!! If someone decided to do a cross country trip over the summer they could rack up a ton of tickets for tint even though they may be legal in the state the vehicle is registered! That's nuts!

18. May 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    I hole heartedly agree..it sucks balls. Just be polite as can be. We are pretty laid back as long as the driver has no attitude. The tint laws are just another tool to establish probable cause to stop a vehicle. tickets are not normally written.

19. May 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I use Desert Shield Tint in Scottsdale on McKlintock around Miller.
    They do a lot of high end cars and the only place I use.

Products Discussed in

To Top