Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does your 2008 Taco door lock when you leave Park?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
JWWPHOTO is on a distinguished road
JWWPHOTO's Tacoma Gallery
Does your 2008 Taco door lock when you leave Park?

I wonder if there is a mod, so when I go the Drive the doors lock? My 2004 Camry does......

Thanks

Jeff
Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Not that i know of. but its not that hard to just hit the lock button
Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love it if our trucks did that... my last 2 vehicles had the option of locking the doors in either park or drive... I was dissapointed that the Tacos don't have it...
Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see the point being that the second you open the handle on the inside, the door opens regardless if it's locked or not.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
JWWPHOTO is on a distinguished road
JWWPHOTO's Tacoma Gallery
I work in the Houston Texas area and I just wished the doors locked automatically like my wife's Camry. Some parts of town are a little questionable while sitting at a stop light.

I don't mind hitting the button when I remember to do it.

Jeff
Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWWPHOTO View Post
I work in the Houston Texas area and I just wished the doors locked automatically like my wife's Camry. Some parts of town are a little questionable while sitting at a stop light.

I don't mind hitting the button when I remember to do it.

Jeff
Exactly, I work in a sketch part of town, and some of the roads I drive on have some interesting characters...

I always forget to lock the doors, I wish it was automatic...
Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
get an alarm that does it?

I don't remeber if my 05 locked before my alarm (got it the 1st week)
but now when I start the engine(doors closed) it locks the doors. Clifford 5.1
also If I close the doors with the engine running and nobody in a seat they unlock so I dont lock my keys inside. I don't know if it just does that tho.