Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help me find a 12Volt Fan solution for truck cap

Old 05-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
Help me find a 12Volt Fan solution for truck cap

Hey folks,

I need some idea's here.. I'm doing a cross country trip and will be sleeping in the back of my truck this summer for 2-3 days in a row for a period of 3 weeks.

This will be in the dead of summer and it will get hot in the cap, since I have the Leer 100XL, so the rear windows only tilt out slightly.

Having said this, I need air circulation in there, and need something that will move enough air to help have a good nights sleep.

I've read reviews on the coleman tent fans, and they dont move enough air.
Also, I dont want to drain the trucks battery, so I was thinking maybe a 12volt motorcycle battery in the back and power up a 12volt fan of some sort?

Looking for suggestions, tips, comments whatever.
Appreciate the responses,

Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
^^^That kind of neat. Maybe taking an extra bettery along wouldn't be a bad idea if you're worried about draining.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-12v-fan/38132
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
If your going to buy an extra battery get a marine deep cycle battery. You will still need to figure a way to charge it while you drive. I like that fan in the post above. you could also drop the tailgate when sleeping and leave the cap door closed and put some kinds of window screen material where the tailgate goes.
Let us know what you come up with.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Many baoting stores sell inexpensive solar chargers that could be used to keep the battery chaged in the day time..........
Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
get a redneck airconditioner