LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My truck got"egged"

Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
jagwar is on a distinguished road

jagwar's Tacoma Gallery
My truck got"egged"

Man, my brother told me "Hey bro you better not be fooling around with a another girl, because your truck got hit!" "GOT BANGED?" I said "No you got egged". What is the best way of removing eggs from your car? I was told to use vinegar, but still would see some streaks. I think I better go to a body shop or something....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwar View Post
Man, my brother told me "Hey bro you better not be fooling around with a another girl, because your truck got hit!" "GOT BANGED?" I said "No you got egged". What is the best way of removing eggs from your car? I was told to use vinegar, but still would see some streaks. I think I better go to a body shop or something....
go to a body shop and ask them, they might have something that works better. if not, just use liquid googone. i use it to get adhesive off after sticker removal, just be sure to wash the truck immediately afterwards just to be safe that it wont hurt the paint
Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Don't know a good way to remove egg. I just had to give some props to another jags fan! One more loss on Indy and we will be tied up for the division. Either way we are tied up right now for the wildcard spot.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
just try using googone and a microfiber cloth to rub the egg off with. it might take a few squirt-n-rub actions but it should come off. the stuff i have is a clear orange liquid in a 6oz bottle, says safe on paint and i havent had a problem with it
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #5
jagwar is on a distinguished road

jagwar's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice, i'll try it and let you know, thanks for the Jaguar props Dcrooks84, go Jags....
Old 11-13-2007, 04:13 AM   #6
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
My friend's car got egged. Was bad for the paint. Hope yours doens't come out this way.

It probably sat for a while before you were aware. Much easier to clean when freshly cracked. But a biatch when hardened and dried.

I have no advice for cleaning it up, sorry.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
Oaklandish is on a distinguished road
Oaklandish's Tacoma Gallery
Daaaaaammmm

Sucks bro, hit up meguiars online, you can send them the question and the'll get back to you asap. This is why I garage my truck. No repect I tell ya, no respect.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well !, are you messing around with another girl ?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
So I have the same problem, except the egg has been sitting on the roof for some while now (a few months). So I finally had the chance to wash it yesterday and it did not come off at all. I'm hoping it didn't eat all the way through the paint. It's a little rough when you rub you fingers over it. You think some goo be gone stuff would work, like mentioned? Any advice?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post

Holy shit.. that's some damage.

oh, lol 3 year old thread.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Dang man you definatly shouldn't have left it. I probably has eaten through the paint. Best thing I can tell you is to get some rubbing compound might help you out.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
To be honest, I didn't even know it was on the roof for almost a month after it had happened. I figured by the time I seen it, the damage was done. So I went ahead and didn't wash the truck for sometime after that.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I have the same problem, except the egg has been sitting on the roof for some while now (a few months). So I finally had the chance to wash it yesterday and it did not come off at all. I'm hoping it didn't eat all the way through the paint. It's a little rough when you rub you fingers over it. You think some goo be gone stuff would work, like mentioned? Any advice?
I hate to tell you this, but your paint is in huge trouble. A few hours is all it takes for the egg to start eating the paint. A few months.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Don't know why you left it. Get that crap cleaned off asap

in that pic you can see the paint is eaten away, there are visible holes and it just looks eaten away
Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
My brother-in-law who I showed your pictures to is a manager of a body shop. He is saying that your clearcoat and paint is ate up. What you should do is go to a paint shop, have them sand your roof and repaint it. Any paint shop should be able to blend the new color of your roof into your old paint.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToyotaTacoma View Post
Holy shit.. that's some damage.

oh, lol 3 year old thread.
At least no one can bitch at this guy for not using the SEARCH feature...
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
At least no one can bitch at this guy for not using the SEARCH feature...
You're damned if you do or damned if you don't. It's a no win situation! LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
Well worst case scenario, I could file this under my insurance. It does fall under vandalism. I have AAA insurance and never used their service for the past four years. So I can go that route if I want to.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well worst case scenario, I could file this under my insurance. It does fall under vandalism. I have AAA insurance and never used their service for the past four years. So I can go that route if I want to.
Get a quote first. Also since you really can't do any more damage. I would try a few of the things mentioned in the thread. Might be worth 20 bucks to give it a shot.