Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Locking gas caps

Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
Locking gas caps

Ok so who out there has the best, most reliable, long-lasting, tuff, safest locking gas cap??? Price is not a major concern as long as its reasonable.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I use Stant got mine at kragen and yes its a locking gas cap havent had any problems with it.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

I've read that they are not really that solid. How do you feel about yours? Hate to be a pain in the ass but I guess thats what these fourms are for. No problems with check engine lights or anything?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have had no issues what so ever with check engine light it does the job i want it to i heard about the check engine light problem but i cant say anything because it hasnt happen to me i got the cap when i bought my truck 2 yrs ago.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #6

MiikeyD I guess it is sort of becuase of tc2008. (dammit I still havent figured out this "quote thing".) I guess really becuase if I can stop some "a-hole" from screwing with my shit becuase I pissed him off the then why not. Especially if it only costs me 30 bucks right...
Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com

In who evers post you will see the qoute just click it and it leads you to the message for you to write a comment, $30 is nothing to a crap load of damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerpeterson View Post
MiikeyD I guess it is sort of becuase of tc2008. (dammit I still havent figured out this "quote thing".) I guess really becuase if I can stop some "a-hole" from screwing with my shit becuase I pissed him off the then why not. Especially if it only costs me 30 bucks right...
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
In who evers post you will see the qoute just click it and it leads you to the message for you to write a comment, $30 is nothing to a crap load of damage.

Wow I'm an idiot... thats too easy... Do you know how much paid for your/ where you got it?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I believe $15-20 at kragen but really you can find them at any auto store even walmart
Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #10

Grazie!!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

No prob.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #12

Any other suggestions other than stant???
Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Locking Cap

I went to my local dealer and talked to the parts guy. He called Corporate and later told me that he ordered 2 Stant locking gas caps. He said that one of the two should work. I am buying it from Toyota because they said they will put it on and change it to the other one if the Check Engine Light comes on. The gas cap only costs 13 or 14 bucks from the dealer so i think this is the best way to buy it. I have a 09 double cab 4x4 TRD Sport.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Wrong Caps

The dealer got in the 2 Stant locking gas caps that he ordered but both would not work because they were for the type of neck that has no threads. That was 2 weeks ago. I went back to the dealer today and picked up the Stant 10504 that he reordered. So far, it seems to be working. No Check Engine Light. It cost 14 bucks and change. I wanted to get it from the dealer because they said they would reset the Check Engine Light if it came on for nothing. My parts guy said that if that light did come on, I could put back the stock cap and the Check Engine Light would reset automatically. My truck is a 09 double cab TRD Sport 4x4 made in Mexico.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #15
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys just bought the Stant locking gas cap#11509 this past Saturday and no problems yet...will post a problem IF it comes up. (I have a 2008 dbl cab TRD Sport)
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
The stant caps don't work. I had one on my 08 Tacoma and read on here that if you push really hard and twist, the cap will come off without using the key. Sure enough I went home that night and twisted the cap right off. It went in the trash. Maybe they have improved them since last year, but for now I wouldn't waste the money on one.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
The stant caps don't work. I had one on my 08 Tacoma and read on here that if you push really hard and twist, the cap will come off without using the key. Sure enough I went home that night and twisted the cap right off. It went in the trash. Maybe they have improved them since last year, but for now I wouldn't waste the money on one.
Same #??
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Same #??
It was a year ago, so I can't remember the part number, but I do think the number ended in a 9. I looked up the part number on Stant's website last year, because the Kragen didn't have a listing yet for 2008. It was the same part number as a 2007.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #19

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
DUDE?? thanks for the info
I'll go outside in a minute and see if it comes out....at work
I'll let you know
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #20

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
O.K Guys & Gals
Just checked my gas cap turn it left turned it right pulled real hard
and it stayed ...ON!!!!
I really tried yanking that thing off.........but no problems!!!!