Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Use your automatic as a manual

Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Use your automatic as a manual

If you change gears in the correct rpm is it bad for your tranny?

I've started to do this. I just dont want to screw up my tranny
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It will be fine.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris6x6
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It will be fine.
What is up with your status?

haha Butt Dynos Gone Wild
Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Mind me asking why you are doing that?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Mind me asking why you are doing that?
Ha uhm Im not real sure.

My granddad does it all the time. I guess I learned it from him
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
What is up with your status?

haha Butt Dynos Gone Wild
Its for all the people that think they get 50 hp from a muffler, etc....
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its for all the people that think they get 50 hp from a muffler, etc....
OH hahaha Very clever
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
It won't hurt anything, but your mileage will suffer... I only shift manually when offroad or when I need engine breaking
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha uhm Im not real sure.

My granddad does it all the time. I guess I learned it from him
So why not just get a manual. That way you can drive the fun transmission and not lose gas mileage or performance
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I generally do it on my vehicles because I grew up on manuals and I hate automatic shift points. Our tacomas seem to have pretty good shift points though, so I do it less. My honda I never use "D" on.

Only time I use it on the Taco is for towing and forcing it into first gear when I want to jump onto a highway from a rolling stop, since it will never downshift until full stop. In my experience, theres nothing wrong with it... just don't abuse it, over-revving it and such.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
colvilletacoma will become famous soon enoughcolvilletacoma will become famous soon enough
colvilletacoma's Tacoma Gallery
do it all the time when Im going down steep hills that require me to go say 30MPH, do it all the time. Do it in the woods while 4x4ing or hunting going down steep hills. A lot of people do it all the time and are fine. Did it in my dads older 92 Jeep for 15+ years on the same tranny and shifted perfectly its entire life till we sold it
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So why not just get a manual. That way you can drive the fun transmission and not lose gas mileage or performance
I mean its not like it do it 24/7 366 days a year. I use do it when im bored or when Im around town doing errands
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I mean its not like it do it 24/7 366 days a year. I use do it when im bored or when Im around town doing errands
Gotcha! Thats what i used to do in my moms SUV before I got my taco
Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotcha! Thats what i used to do in my moms SUV before I got my taco
I used to do it in my moms Merc....... Dont do it. It never works. The gears are on its own time when you do that