Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rotors, pads and lines

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
rotors, pads and lines

im shoppin for some new brakes. I've looked at some sites, wheelers has a decent set up I suppose.
Anyone replaced theirs ? im looking for slotted + drilled rotors and good pads, dunno if i should go ceramic.. kevlar $$ is not an option for me at this time. I will do a bleed and also paint my calipers black.
thanx
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
buried bump
Old 06-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try here........best prices and customer service i have found anywhere for brakes......................

http://raceshopper.com/

i have a set of their s/p slotted rotors and some hawk lts pads on my tacoma, and braking is greatly improved over stock. i also got goodridge stainless brake lines from wheelers offroad.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Seconded. Call Edwin at Raceshopper.com. Best prices, fast delivery, right parts, and excellent products. He'll set you up.

Funny -- I was just on the phone with him about an hour ago discussing master cylinders.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^x3^^^^
Read the FAQ on their website if you want to know more about choosing the right brakes for your rig. After that, call the tech support line and talk to them about the pads/rotors you are thinking about. They helped me correct some of the initial choices I made to better suit my needs.

Also, if you're doing the job yourself, the MotiveProducts PowerBleeder is a great tool for doing brake jobs. Flushing my brake fluid with it was one of the easiest things I've ever done.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up ordering all from wheelers. They pretty much had the best prices and they have it all so it can be shipped together.
Pics to come on install day.
I do have to pick up a bleeder, I'll go over to harbor freight.
What fluid are you guys using?
thanx
Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
^^^^x3^^^^
Read the FAQ on their website if you want to know more about choosing the right brakes for your rig. After that, call the tech support line and talk to them about the pads/rotors you are thinking about. They helped me correct some of the initial choices I made to better suit my needs.

Also, if you're doing the job yourself, the MotiveProducts PowerBleeder is a great tool for doing brake jobs. Flushing my brake fluid with it was one of the easiest things I've ever done.

Which version of the Power bleeder did you get?? there are TON of them.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery

BACKORDERED!!!!! with no ETA

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post

BACKORDERED!!!!! with no ETA

What parts are backordered?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dan @ wheelers says 2 weeks on brake lines, no ETA on slotted rotors, probly has the pads
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Call Edwin at Raceshopper.com. Seriously.

Get yourself some SP Performance slotted rotors and Hawk pads. I've never seen a backorder from him.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #12

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
And you can call All-Pro for extended stainless brake lines. They'd probably have 'em in stock.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Call Edwin at Raceshopper.com. Seriously.

Get yourself some SP Performance slotted rotors and Hawk pads. I've never seen a backorder from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
And you can call All-Pro for extended stainless brake lines. They'd probably have 'em in stock.
yep...............edwin will hook you up.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Update

well, here it is about a month later, and no parts!!!!!

I heard from dan @ wheelers 2 weeks ago, said maybe a week.
sent them a mail friday and no word yet. I bet he doesn't work there anymore and my order got lost or something stupid like that.

guess I cancel tommorrow and order from someone who can deliver the goods
Old 06-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #15

Quote:

sent them a mail friday and no word yet. I bet he doesn't work there anymore and my order got lost or something stupid like that.

give wheelers an extra day,since they are closed on friday.....then......send your business to edwin at raceshopper.com(what ya should have done in the first place). hope you get some good brakes soon man.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mark, the guys over at wheelers are always willing to go the extra step to satisfy us. dont give up on them. give them a call or go on their website and someone will be online and u can talk to them through the website
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I'll call them in the morning. I haven't been charged yet, and I got tons of brake left no worries....
I got my G2 caliper paint(black) coming tommorrow now I got to wait
Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Should have canceled when it was first backordered and called Edwin. Ah well.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #19
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
talked to Jason at wheelers today, apparently the rotors were still being made. He's going to have them ship them straight to me from the factory(in city of industry, like 45 mins from me.)

hopefully I will have the parts this weekend so I can get crackin.
thanx to Jason for taking the extra step to find out where the rotors were.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
got my rotors today
UPS tracking says monday for the pads n lines :|
it could be friday..but I don't expect it to be early

the rotors sure are pretty tho
Attached Thumbnails
rotors, pads and lines-img_0359-1-.jpg