Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keep the front mudflaps on or remove???

View Poll Results: Keep front mudflaps on or take them off??
Keep them on 398 38.38%
Take them off 639 61.62%
Voters: 1037. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #181
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm naked.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #182
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Didn't want paint or flap damage. Changed OEM out for something a little more flexible.

where did you get those from?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #184
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
As are rock chips
This. ^^^

I took the fronts off, got a nice rock chip on my rear door, then put the fronts back on. I do get rubbing at full crank, but they haven't dragged at all since I went to the bigger tires and 5100s at 1.75".
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #185
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to take off flaps Sliders with fill plates and some fender flares might be a good idea. Kind of dumb to "not want them to dig into your paint" so instead you get a rocker panel and then some full of paint chips (IMO).

If you're ripping em off all the time while wheeling hard go ahead
If you're one of those "it makes my truck look more lifted bro" then stop it.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #186
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery

Flap free FTW
Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #187
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep them on.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #190
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
you will regret taking them off. Rock scratches and dings like you won't imagine.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #191
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
With the type of climate that I live in, I'd rather leave them on. With all the flooding in, around the Province in which I live in, the mud flaps have saved me. The amount of mud, rocks, dirt I've found when I went to wash the truck was huge. I'd rather have that crap on my flaps then on the paint of my truck.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #192
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
With the type of climate that I live in, I'd rather leave them on. With all the flooding in, around the Province in which I live in, the mud flaps have saved me. The amount of mud, rocks, dirt I've found when I went to wash the truck was huge. I'd rather have that crap on my flaps then on the paint of my truck.
Also a fan of mud flaps. You wouldn't believe the quantity of snow & ice the mud flaps on my old Subaru would collect in winter. After storms passed, I'd be pulling out a solid chunk of slush-ice as big as a kid's head from each wheel well. Don't want that crap sandblasting & freezing to my runners.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #193
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/340923/cat/500][/url] take em off and bedline everything that would get scratched.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #194
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
agree
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #195
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteDC09 View Post
Hey I received my nerf bars yesterday from autoanything.com. I got the Westin Platinum Oval nerf bars in black and they look really good with my SuperWhite tacoma. The only issue is that when installed the front of the nerf bars pushes the front mudflaps about an inch. So basically the mudflaps are resting on the front of the nerf bars. My question to you is should I just take them off or leave them on. Thanks for the input.
Looks better with them off, IMO. That said, my BFG TA KOs absolutely LOVE to grab rocks...and sometimes beat the doors with them.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #196
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
OZ you really donít throw rocks like you would think. i have the nitto terra grappler, and i do fire roads logging roads, gravel roads all the time and donít have any rock chips and hardly even even have a rock hit the door. have have them hit the mirrors. i took my front off 3 days after i got my truck, that was may of 2011. i took my back off this summer and all the plastic tabs wear broke from off roading only thing holding them on was like 3 screws. iím surprised i did not rip them off at some point.
I took my off right after purchasing the Taco, too. My BFG T/A KOs pick up rocks and sling them like crazy. IMO, I think its worth taking some small paint damage instead of ripping a flap off.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #197
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteDC09 View Post
Keep the front mudflaps on or remove???
Our off-road vehicles have ample threaded tires which just love grab things (rocks, etc) and throw them around. For the sake of your own vehicle, and other vehicles on the road, leave the mud flaps on. After all, I don't want rocks from your truck hitting my truck.

-
Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #198
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
After all, I don't want rocks from your truck hitting my truck.
Yeah, but rocks hitting *your* truck is a sacrifice *he's* willing to make
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #200
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mki View Post
Yeah, but rocks hitting *your* truck is a sacrifice *he's* willing to make
Oh. Well that makes perfect sense, so never mind then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I voted keep them on but they do need to be trimmed
That's for sure. I replaced mine, but don't like the new ones (don't sit as flush with the side of the truck). Because of that, I'm going to trim the originals and put them back on.