Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keep the front mudflaps on or remove???

View Poll Results: Keep front mudflaps on or take them off??
Keep them on 398 38.38%
Take them off 639 61.62%
Voters: 1037. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #22
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
Took mine off a few days ago after buying my truck last week. They're just too long. The only downfall is the passenger side has some scuffs where the flap was. I've got running boards so I think they'll take the brunt.
Maybe I'll search for the link about trimming them.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #23
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
^ I just trimmed my fronts to match the back. It was about 4 inches that I took off of them, used a pair of tin snips and just laid on the ground to make the cuts. Used a piece of cardboard to get a scribe of the original profile of the flap and cut the cardboard and then used a black sharpie to mark the cut profile onto the flap up 4 inches from the bottom. Had to change the profile a bit on the inside section of the flap ( toward the truck ) with eyeball precision because the flap gets wider as it goes up. A good strong pair of scissors will probably cut it too.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
whitetacoma is on a distinguished road
whitetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ill give you $50 for your drivers side flap(but i want the whole assembly cause i ripped mine off wheelin). paint is too expensive to fix. hit me up dude.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #25
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had to take just my fronts ones off for my bigger tires and now I've always got rocks and other random shit flying up and hitting my door and window. My tires do stick out aout 2-3 inches so....
Old 06-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
OFF!
Take them off before they did themselves into your fenders. By then it will be too late and you'll have the outline of them embedded into the fender.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
^ I just trimmed my fronts to match the back. It was about 4 inches that I took off of them, used a pair of tin snips and just laid on the ground to make the cuts. Used a piece of cardboard to get a scribe of the original profile of the flap and cut the cardboard and then used a black sharpie to mark the cut profile onto the flap up 4 inches from the bottom. Had to change the profile a bit on the inside section of the flap ( toward the truck ) with eyeball precision because the flap gets wider as it goes up. A good strong pair of scissors will probably cut it too.
Got any pics of the cut after?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
any short replacements out there

Does anyone selling shorter replacements???
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #29
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Cut mine today. Very happy with the result. Still have the protection of the flaps but without all the ugly.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #30
RebelRider201 has a spectacular aura aboutRebelRider201 has a spectacular aura about

Name: J
RebelRider201's Tacoma Gallery
I second what Wilson said, I did the same to my PreRunner, fronts off. Mainly because my truck is 2wd with a leveling kit so it won't block alot anymore and most of the slosh and debree will be shot from the back wheel well anyway...if I am crossing a bit of mud or doing any dirt road riding I do notice alot of mud slung on my front doors, but then again take it or leave it, a few nicks and slashes won't kill it, it's still a YOTA!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #32
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off the day i got my westin platinum nerf bars, looks alot better and the nerf bars protect the doors from flying rocks, im thinking about taking the back ones off.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #33
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
is it easy to take of flaps in summer and put them back on for the winter?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #34
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Off with them...if you trim them where the nerf hits it they will look too short. Just sell them, and buy a some of that clear bra film to protect your paint.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #35
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

Air Force: Metal's Tech
dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Off!!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #36
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Way too short if you clip them at the nerf bars. Just take them off and get a few bucks while they're still in good condition.

I quite quickly decided to get rid of mine when I caught all four of them rolling over a curb in a parking lot. WTF?? It wasn't even that tall and I was angling for a prime parking space!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #37
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Took mine off the day after I bought the truck. The factory side steps came off two days later.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #38
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
off
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #39
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I just took mine off and used black "trimbrite" tape to go over the edge where the flap touches the body to keep it from 'etching' works good , can't even notice it
Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #40
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
is it easy to take of flaps in summer and put them back on for the winter?

That's what I plan on doing. Around here, they "salt" the roads with gravel and rock salt so it gets pretty nasty.