Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keep the front mudflaps on or remove???

View Poll Results: Keep front mudflaps on or take them off??
Keep them on 398 38.38%
Take them off 639 61.62%
Voters: 1037. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #41
dye18 is on a distinguished road
dye18's Tacoma Gallery
i took my front and back mud flaps off, I personally think it looks alot better without them, the only down side is i have chrome tips on my exhaust so they dont stay clean and shiny.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #42
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I did my lift and with 33" tires i didnt want to be an @ss and kick up debris on the highway so i painted the rear flaps all black and just put those on. They look great and luckily i didnt cut them because with the bigger tires and lift they actually look smaller and proportionate - not like semi-flaps
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #43
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteDC09 View Post
Hey I received my nerf bars yesterday from autoanything.com. I got the Westin Platinum Oval nerf bars in black and they look really good with my SuperWhite tacoma. The only issue is that when installed the front of the nerf bars pushes the front mudflaps about an inch. So basically the mudflaps are resting on the front of the nerf bars. My question to you is should I just take them off or leave them on. Thanks for the input.
Hey from another Columbia, SC member.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #44
Trauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to all

Name: Tyler
Trauma85's Tacoma Gallery
Taco's look so much better without flaps
Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #45
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_20 View Post
They have laws for mudflaps!?!?!?
washington state law requires them on the front and back
Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #46
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
washington state law requires them on the front and back
Only if the tire extends past the fender and the center of the axle is past the bottom of the rear of the fender. The mudflap acts as a fender extension. It's enforced about as much as the cell phone law.

I have only heard of one instance of it being enforced and it was my boss who has this huge F-350. He just got a warning. He basically told them to piss off.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #47
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
take them off. have you ever seen them at highway speeds they flap
Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #48
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
I would keep them on but cut them shorter
Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #49
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
took mine off a few weeks ago... Looks MUCH better...
Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I definetly think that it looks better with them off, but they do a really good job of keeping the side of your truck clean.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #51
KNOXTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
KNOXTACO's Tacoma Gallery
OFF! Unless ur worried about dingin up ur WHIP> LOL
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #52
Dave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Retired LE
Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteDC09 View Post
Hey I received my nerf bars yesterday from autoanything.com. I got the Westin Platinum Oval nerf bars in black and they look really good with my SuperWhite tacoma. The only issue is that when installed the front of the nerf bars pushes the front mudflaps about an inch. So basically the mudflaps are resting on the front of the nerf bars. My question to you is should I just take them off or leave them on. Thanks for the input.
I took mine off, after breaking one.

I REFUSE to pay Toyota over $100 for a single stinking mudflap.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #53
Dave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Retired LE
Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I definetly think that it looks better with them off, but they do a really good job of keeping the side of your truck clean.
Is what hose, soap and water is for.

They don't really do all that much in anything other than a slight rain.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #56
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I live down about 1 1/2 miles of dirt road, without those mud flaps I would be getting tons of chips. I don't like that I rub the flaps on speed bumps or when I'm off roading, guess I'll just have to be careful!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #57
gologit is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic...Air Cav  66-70
Name: Bob
Location: Up the hill from Grass Valley. Born and raised in northern Cal. Live and work in the Sierras.
gologit's Tacoma Gallery
I took the front ones off after I hooked one on a stump backing up.

Today I had to chain up to get home from the woods...the back ones are coming off next! PIA.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #58
And they say size doesnt matter...
BBS is on a distinguished road
BBS's Tacoma Gallery
I am really surprised that the oval bars are that much longer, even with a double cab. I have an access cab with the round bars and they didnt come close to hitting the flaps. However, I did remove mine as I had some rub issues when I went with the larger tire and yes, they had already "etched" the fender. Hopefully I will be able to buff that out.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #59
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
This seems to be a big decision for us they were on or off, (me too) but I dont think anyone else would even notice either way.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #60
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
take them off and send them to me.