Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

dealer called truck is in!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #21
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Just this last weekend, i had to pull a friends 4 door silverado out of a ditch with only 2 of his wheels making contact to the ground. I put it in 4 low and barely had to tap the gas and he came right out. It didnt even feel like i was pulling a 5000 lb truck behind me. My tires didnt even spin on the grass. Everyone was impressed, they didnt think my truck would even be able to pull him out much less first try with no spin. I was very proud of my truck
That's the kinda thing that puts a big shit-eating grin on my face! God Tacoma's rule!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #22
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
That's the kinda thing that puts a big shit-eating grin on my face! God Tacoma's rule!
the whole story is in this thread. sorry its so long but it was a fun night

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hob...things-do.html
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #23
08toyo is on a distinguished road
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
paying cash for a vehicle is a dumb idea because if you get into an accident the vehicle will never be worth what you paid, or if someone steals it. This is the reason why i should not have paid cash for it eventhough i have the means to do it.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #24
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not following your logic 08toyo. The general financial rule of thumb is not to finance a depreciating asset. Even if you've financed it and it gets stolen or in an accident, it's not the bank's fault. You still owe the loan. It's between you and the insurance company at that point, which is the same thing that would have happened if you owned it free and clear.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
These are all legitimate responses, go to the dealer with a positive frame of mind, be excited, be happy, but don't be deaf, dumb, and blind. If they're are issues, have them take care of them before you accept the vehicle, that means that you DO NOT SIGN until you are 100% satisfied with the transaction, remember they make these trucks everyday, and other dealers sell them. You will receive a ton of respect from them if you stand your ground, you don't have to buy that truck, you know that and they know that and as long as it is understood, the purchase will go much smoother. I wish you the best of success, I truly hope that it is perfect from the moment you lay your eyes on it. Drive on
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #26
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
ok update- i picked the truck up tonight. i love it it is an awesome driving vehical i drove it home about 25 miles from the dealership and was surprised at the power of the 4.0 ill have some picks on saterday when the weather is nicer. ok carry on with your rants ..........
Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #27
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
ok update- i picked the truck up tonight. i love it it is an awesome driving vehical i drove it home about 25 miles from the dealership and was surprised at the power of the 4.0 ill have some picks on saterday when the weather is nicer. ok carry on with your rants ..........
Congrats!!!! hope you love it as much as I love mine. Now the Mods begin
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #28
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08toyo View Post
paying cash for a vehicle is a dumb idea because if you get into an accident the vehicle will never be worth what you paid, or if someone steals it. This is the reason why i should not have paid cash for it eventhough i have the means to do it.
Viper <---major confused & amazed at such comments.

Ever heard of insurance?

Did you think somehow you would be able to get out of a loan if someone stole it or you get into an accident?

What the hell are you talking about? I paid cash and I have full coverage just like if i had a loan. But i do not pay any finance charges. Dude, talk about being brainwashed by the banks & car companies.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #29
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
The problems is you guys are missing the point i'm trying to make. Viper-2, trust me, I haven't been brainwashed by anybody.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
Lets forget about it. You guys know more than I do???????????????
Viper-2, 7 years of finance, not bad. Lets not bring education into the picture.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #31
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Viper-2, 7 years of finance, not bad. Lets not bring education into the picture.
I'm extremely confused by this. If you paid cash versus financing I don't see anything but gain for you.
1. If stolen or totaled you wouldn't have a remaining balance after the insurance pay off.
2. There are no financing charges, so you aren't paying more money than what the vehicle actually cost. While those who finance are paying for the vehicle and the APR to have another company to loan them the $$ to get it when wanted.
3. If wanting to trade off for something else you don't have to do anything but take the title in when looking at a new vehicle.
4. It's free and clear!! It's yours straight up! You don't have to think about anything other than how much will I get from the insurance company when you are looking at that turn, or jump and go with the extra speed.

If there is something that I'm missing here please by all means put me in my place but from where I am sitting there is no down side to actually owning the vehicle yourself.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #32
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heh?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #33
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
I'm extremely confused by this. If you paid cash versus financing I don't see anything but gain for you.
1. If stolen or totaled you wouldn't have a remaining balance after the insurance pay off.
2. There are no financing charges, so you aren't paying more money than what the vehicle actually cost. While those who finance are paying for the vehicle and the APR to have another company to loan them the $$ to get it when wanted.
3. If wanting to trade off for something else you don't have to do anything but take the title in when looking at a new vehicle.
4. It's free and clear!! It's yours straight up! You don't have to think about anything other than how much will I get from the insurance company when you are looking at that turn, or jump and go with the extra speed.

If there is something that I'm missing here please by all means put me in my place but from where I am sitting there is no down side to actually owning the vehicle yourself.
You're not missing a thing brother. Except the guy who you're responding to is drunk tonight.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #34
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
Too many white russians!
Sorry.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #35
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Too many white russians!
Sorry.
That explains enough to me. Damn potato booze!! Who the hell would have thought to make an alcohol out of a damn potato anyways? Damn vodka! The russians actually have a vodka museum, we need a museum dedicated to booze over here!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #36
Route66Taco will become famous soon enoughRoute66Taco will become famous soon enough

Route66Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.b. View Post
If I were you make sure you take it for a test drive on the freeway between 60 and 70 mph and check for any vibration before you sign papers. They are notorius for vibrating. Hope all is well with your new truck, I regret buying mine. It's not as well built as I thought it should be. Between the suspension TSB issue the dealer is giving me a hard time about, the constant 20mph shudder, and the tough time they have balancing tires its not worth the hassle. I've been to the dealer at least four times in two months. I've never had this many problems with any of my past vehicles, especially since this truck is brand new. I don't want to discourage you, I just wish someone warned me before buying this piece of junk.
QYB
Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #37
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too many white russians!
Sorry.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #38
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That explains enough to me. Damn potato booze!! Who the hell would have thought to make an alcohol out of a damn potato anyways? Damn vodka! The russians actually have a vodka museum, we need a museum dedicated to booze over here!
We do. Its called the Jack Daniels Distillery...... the most magical place in the world......
Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #39
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey! I don't know about you, but I'm a meat and potato kinda guy. Potatoes belong on a pedestal to begin with. They are a godly vegetable. When you consider alcohol can be made from them, that just backs up my argument.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #40
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
hey thats exactly the same one i ordered. you'll love it. I ve had mine up to 110 and it rides great. kinda disappointed i couldn't go much faster than that tho. i havent had any noise problems or shaking or shimmying at all. have just over 4000 miles on it now. the only thing i dont like is the way it shifts i think it shifts to slow. what does everyone else think about the shifting? and let me know how much your gonna pay for it. my price was 31685