Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

dealer called truck is in!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Talking dealer called truck is in!!!

dealer called me this morning to tell me my truck finally came in 2008 dc longbed trd sport. 4x4 tow package speedway blue. so went down after work to check it out. i should be picking it up tomorow night after work if i get home early enough!! cant wait.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
o.b. is on a distinguished road

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
If I were you make sure you take it for a test drive on the freeway between 60 and 70 mph and check for any vibration before you sign papers. They are notorius for vibrating. Hope all is well with your new truck, I regret buying mine. It's not as well built as I thought it should be. Between the suspension TSB issue the dealer is giving me a hard time about, the constant 20mph shudder, and the tough time they have balancing tires its not worth the hassle. I've been to the dealer at least four times in two months. I've never had this many problems with any of my past vehicles, especially since this truck is brand new. I don't want to discourage you, I just wish someone warned me before buying this piece of junk.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.b. View Post
If I were you make sure you take it for a test drive on the freeway between 60 and 70 mph and check for any vibration before you sign papers. They are notorius for vibrating. Hope all is well with your new truck, I regret buying mine. It's not as well built as I thought it should be. Between the suspension TSB issue the dealer is giving me a hard time about, the constant 20mph shudder, and the tough time they have balancing tires its not worth the hassle. I've been to the dealer at least four times in two months. I've never had this many problems with any of my past vehicles, especially since this truck is brand new. I don't want to discourage you, I just wish someone warned me before buying this piece of junk.
O.B.
Sucks that you had such a bad experience. I have had my '08 DC LB 4X4 for 2 months now and haven't had a single issue... no vibrations, no wind noise and I'm pretty anal according to my friends so I think I would have noticed.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
08toyo is on a distinguished road
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
o.b.,
I've had my 08 taco for a week now and noticed the same shudder when i brake at about 20 mph. I drove on the highway to 90mph so far and have not noticed any vibrations. But I am really discouraged after reading all these problems. I've never had a toyota before. I always thought they were high quality vehicles with hardly any issues. I'm going to take a good look at my options on either keeping my truck or trading it in.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if u wanna see probs...go to a colorado forum...or an s-10 forum or something and then compare it to the piddly things that people have said on here...i havent had any probs w/ anything...the only reason i've gone back to the dealer was to get the suspension tsb done b/c i wanted the lift out of it...
Old 11-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
you're right jhodge83, these are piddly things, but the shudder at 20mph is pretty weird, because it only does it at that speed.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be happy with the truck, Congrats.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
well thanks for the nice comments guys................ i think.....
Old 11-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if u wanna see probs...go to a colorado forum...or an s-10 forum or something and then compare it to the piddly things that people have said on here...i havent had any probs w/ anything...the only reason i've gone back to the dealer was to get the suspension tsb done b/c i wanted the lift out of it...
your right i had one of them a canyon. it was a piece of sh**
Old 11-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 02 GMC Yukon Denali for my taco. That truck never gave me any problems after having it for 6 years and putting 100,000 miles on it. Maybe Americans do build a better truck????????????
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #11
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't even consider trading your new truck in. Unless you like getting a$$ raped.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08toyo View Post
I traded my 02 GMC Yukon Denali for my taco. That truck never gave me any problems after having it for 6 years and putting 100,000 miles on it. Maybe Americans do build a better truck????????????
i didnt have too many probs w/ my '00 chevy xtreme, but lots of people did. my mom bought an 02-03 s-10 v6 extended cab and it blew ass...she traded it out w/i a year...so no, its not just about american building better...most "american" trucks are built in mexico....along w/ some tacoma's, fords, etc...
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #13
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
They gave me $12,000, for my Denali, and taco came out to $28,000. Remaining balance i paid cash. I guess it was a bad decision.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

i dropped $14.5k w/o so much as even a test drive and it was the best decision i've ever made...all i had to finance was $12k which included the TLC and extended warranty. there's no way i could have got anywhere close to the truck i have now from any other maker, in size or price....
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #15
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
It was a bad decision paying the remaining balance in cash, I should of financed it.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

ahh...gotcha
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
the problems yal havin are weird..i gotta admit. i jus bought my fourth tacoma. ive owned 3 98 models. 2 of them were 4 bangers and then a 3.4 l. ive NEVER had any trouble outa any of the ones i drove. and im a pretty bad offroader myself. this new one hasnt hit the dirt much yet but im breakin it in slow an steady. the biggest issue i have with the tacoma is its too lite in the rear end to yank all those other "AMERICAN" made pieces of crap outa the mud or off the trails when they break their "AMERICAN" axles. but the way you gotta look at it is theres gotta be a bad apple in every bushel. i wish i could give you some REAL advice on how to fix it but yal know how the dealerships can be. lol
Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #18
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Im an extremely picky guy and mines about as close to perfect as you can get.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 AM   #19
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08toyo View Post
It was a bad decision paying the remaining balance in cash, I should of financed it.
Wow, I missed this comment.

Why on Earth would you want to finance instead of Paying in cash? Unless a dealer is offering a great APR (or a bank or credit union) that is much lower than you current investment vehicle financing is a last resort.

the only other time is when you need a large sum of money (emergency) for an upcoming event or circumstance.

Other than that one should always opt to pay in cash if you have the recources to do this.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornDog View Post
the problems yal havin are weird..i gotta admit. i jus bought my fourth tacoma. ive owned 3 98 models. 2 of them were 4 bangers and then a 3.4 l. ive NEVER had any trouble outa any of the ones i drove. and im a pretty bad offroader myself. this new one hasnt hit the dirt much yet but im breakin it in slow an steady. the biggest issue i have with the tacoma is its too lite in the rear end to yank all those other "AMERICAN" made pieces of crap outa the mud or off the trails when they break their "AMERICAN" axles. but the way you gotta look at it is theres gotta be a bad apple in every bushel. i wish i could give you some REAL advice on how to fix it but yal know how the dealerships can be. lol
Just this last weekend, i had to pull a friends 4 door silverado out of a ditch with only 2 of his wheels making contact to the ground. I put it in 4 low and barely had to tap the gas and he came right out. It didnt even feel like i was pulling a 5000 lb truck behind me. My tires didnt even spin on the grass. Everyone was impressed, they didnt think my truck would even be able to pull him out much less first try with no spin. I was very proud of my truck