Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GPS question

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Hops is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabe
Hops's Tacoma Gallery
GPS question

My gps and my speedometer show different speeds, any idea which one is right? I have stock tires and wheels and a garmin nuvi 255. The gps shows 3 mph faster than my truck speedo. Its kinda annoying... Any ideas?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
in my truck the gps is slower...in my truck if the needle is just above lets say the 50mph mark im going 50...stock is usualy 3 mph or so slower
Old 06-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
My gps and my speedometer show different speeds, any idea which one is right? I have stock tires and wheels and a garmin nuvi 255. The gps shows 3 mph faster than my truck speedo. Its kinda annoying... Any ideas?
the gps is correct. the speedos on the tacomas are close, but not totally accurate by any means.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
My gps shows 3 mph slower than speedo. The scangauge also displays 3mph slower. And my tires are slightly larger than stock.

On another note, the scan gauge displays the RPMs 400 lower than the tach.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Hops is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabe
Hops's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i had it backwards sorry, my gps is 3 mph slower as well.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
steve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to allsteve r is a name known to all

steve r's Tacoma Gallery
your gps is accurate
Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
My gps shows 3 mph slower than speedo. The scangauge also displays 3mph slower. And my tires are slightly larger than stock.

On another note, the scan gauge displays the RPMs 400 lower than the tach.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
GPS is right. I went up a tire size and now the speedo and gps are the exact same.