1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 inch Toytec 884 coil and AAL lift need your feedback on my question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sledwreck, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    sledwreck

sledwreck [OP] Member

Member:
    Truck info:
    I have a 06 4x4 double cab automatic with 16 inch wheels running BFG’s and it’s not a TRD and does not have the TSB AAL done. So that being said I just recently put on stock TRD billstein shocks on and now I just ordered a ToyTec 3 inch lift with 884 coils\AAL to run on my stock billstien’s.

Now I have a question….
    The toytec AAL will give me 3 leafs + 1 over load in the rear which is find but I’m still with out the TSB leaf.

Question time:

When I put the 884 coils in should I leave out the .5 spacer on top of the coil reason I say this is because remember I don’t have the rear TSB leaf so I’m not going to gain a full 3 inch lift in the rear like most and I don’t want the front higher than the rear. My theory is I think by leaving the .5 spacer out I’ll end up with a level truck however once the 884 coils sag a bit I’ll end up with the stock rake again.

So give me your feedback or theory or even better if you have a non TRD truck and put a lift in it without doing the TSB post a picture and tell me what your lift is.

PS: I’m not eligible for the TSB ALL because my 06 has 91000 miles on it. No Warranty for me.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    eschmunk

eschmunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    GrillCrafter Upper and Lower, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers, Di-Noc Carbon Valence Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Rubbermaid "ActionPacker" containers for bed storage.
    Excuse my ignorance as I didn't even read the whole post. Shouldn't you be using the 885's on the double cab?

-e

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    People have been using the AAL with the coil and spacer up front even before the TSB came out. You'll be fine using both.

And yes, you should have ordered the 885.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1 on the 885's for a DC...but it might still work out.

Depending on where you got your OME springs and how long ago- They may or may not sag a fair bit and folks have had mixed results with how much lift they gained- So I would go without the spacer and add it in if need be....That's the route I'm going. Once I get to my install.

You probably want to think about some OME shocks...The extended stoke will work better with the lift.

5. Jan 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM
    TRDFEVER

TRDFEVER Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Fort McMurray
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD SPORT
    Billet Grille, Anzo CCFL Halo Projectors, Blackout TRD Badge
    Yup

Products Discussed in