Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3 inch Toytec 884 coil and AAL lift need your feedback on my question

Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
sledwreck is on a distinguished road
sledwreck's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch Toytec 884 coil and AAL lift need your feedback on my question

Truck info:
I have a 06 4x4 double cab automatic with 16 inch wheels running BFGís and itís not a TRD and does not have the TSB AAL done. So that being said I just recently put on stock TRD billstein shocks on and now I just ordered a ToyTec 3 inch lift with 884 coils\AAL to run on my stock billstienís.

Now I have a questionÖ.
The toytec AAL will give me 3 leafs + 1 over load in the rear which is find but Iím still with out the TSB leaf.

Question time:

When I put the 884 coils in should I leave out the .5 spacer on top of the coil reason I say this is because remember I donít have the rear TSB leaf so Iím not going to gain a full 3 inch lift in the rear like most and I donít want the front higher than the rear. My theory is I think by leaving the .5 spacer out Iíll end up with a level truck however once the 884 coils sag a bit Iíll end up with the stock rake again.

So give me your feedback or theory or even better if you have a non TRD truck and put a lift in it without doing the TSB post a picture and tell me what your lift is.

PS: Iím not eligible for the TSB ALL because my 06 has 91000 miles on it. No Warranty for me.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
eschmunk is a jewel in the rougheschmunk is a jewel in the rougheschmunk is a jewel in the rough

eschmunk's Tacoma Gallery
Excuse my ignorance as I didn't even read the whole post. Shouldn't you be using the 885's on the double cab?

-e
Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
+1 on the 885's for a DC...but it might still work out.

Depending on where you got your OME springs and how long ago- They may or may not sag a fair bit and folks have had mixed results with how much lift they gained- So I would go without the spacer and add it in if need be....That's the route I'm going. Once I get to my install.

You probably want to think about some OME shocks...The extended stoke will work better with the lift.