Beautiful Moments in Life

Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
That would be great and all but one problem. I don't have a garage right now. Not a good place to have a project car, out in the elements in Ohio, in November.
not for an empty shell, and when i say empty shell, i mean thats all it is right now. every nut and bolt removed and sitting in the boxes on a set of huge shelves containing every part of that STi
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #22
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
not for an empty shell, and when i say empty shell, i mean thats all it is right now. every nut and bolt removed and sitting in the boxes on a set of huge shelves containing every part of that STi
are you serious? so the only thing to it was anything that was actually welded?? Has it just become too much of a project for him?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
are you serious? so the only thing to it was anything that was actually welded?? Has it just become too much of a project for him?
when he originally bought it, he just wanted it for the motor and drivetrain, but the guy gave him a good deal on everything else so he just bought it. the other silver 02 wrx that he has is RIDICULOUS. 2.0l STi engine, STi tranny, full suspension, everything done to it, full jdm sti interior, ROOF VENT lol, jdm tinted glass even! $3000 forged 3piece BBS wheels, brembos at all 4 corners...the car is just plain sick! anyway, he stripped out the rest of the shell because this other guy was gunna buy it but he backed out, and he just doesnt have a reason to put it back together unless somebody buys it. it's in a giant barn/shed/garage thing with 2 other subeys, a 94 impreza L (sick car! for sale for $5000, has full wrx motor/drivetrain, full suspension, car weighs 2400lbs and will run mid 12's as it sits) and a few others
Old 11-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #24
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
if you're looking for a great christmas or anniversary gift for her, look no further!!! a buddy of mine has a 2002 STi that he had shipped over from japan, right hand drive and all. it's all apart right now but if he found a buyer he'd put it back together with whatever extra parts you'd want, he has enough parts to build another 2 wrx's on top of the two he has and the jdm shell
There is a "guy" who is a mech. for the Rally team for Subaru in Bristol N.Y. I was told by an aquaintance that he takes a stock STI and after he is done it is cranking out between 495-500 hp, and he pulls out 400 lbs of "stuff".
Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #25
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
There is a "guy" who is a mech. for the Rally team for Subaru in Bristol N.Y. I was told by an aquaintance that he takes a stock STI and after he is done it is cranking out between 495-500 hp, and he pulls out 400 lbs of "stuff".
That is outstanding. I am actually kinda surprised that if he works for team subaru that they would allow him to do a setup for the same style of racing on a vehicle outside of the team.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:49 AM   #26
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That is outstanding. I am actually kinda surprised that if he works for team subaru that they would allow him to do a setup for the same style of racing on a vehicle outside of the team.
Yeah, I am too, I only know of one car on the road that he has done work to, and to what extent ? Certainally not the full rally race car, not street legal. It ain't cheap as I was told. Subaru has a test track somewhere in N.Y. I think somewhere in the southern tier, low population, very "out there " really challenging terrain, LOTS of snow, perfect for them. I would love a shot at one of those cars, rumor has it that that moto-x guy Travis (something) comes out here to help test and dial in the cars, for which his is a member of said team.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 AM   #27

Quote:
I just needed to share a great moment in my life that happened today. Me and my Taco had our first oil change today. It was a nice day and the beer was cold. I nearly cried when I poured that first quart of Mobil 1 into the engine. Thank you all for listening and supporting my Taco and I as we took another step in our relationship.
Last week I was concerned about the upcomming winter and I was behind on the waxing of my truck, finally a day opens up where the weather was nice enough to give it a lick and a promise. Later that day I was to meet some friends for a walk in the woods. My wife and I stopped at a store for some water and goodies when I looked back and said out loud "damn she looks good ", well the wife turned around to find me looking at my truck and not her. DOH !