1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tsb

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cntmdc, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jun 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    cntmdc

cntmdc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 "Super White"
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    I just got off the phone with Toyota (800)331-4331 in regards to getting my TSB done and was told that they had nothing in writing for this issue. I've seen the TSB paperwork here and I didn't copy it on paper yet so when I went to give it them they said the number which I found the 07 version they said they had nothing.Could someone post a link for the updated TSB so I could call them regarding this.They gave me a case # and the local dealer should be calling me soon to schedule an inspection.

The issue I had wasn't the harsh ride but the ass end of the truck dropping when my boat was hooked up.While driving my boat on the interstate at 60 mph,the my front end was too loose making it a little difficult to keep the truck straight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

2. Jun 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  3. Jun 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    Thanks I went ahead and downloaded it ,and had received call from my dealership in reagrds to getting it checked out.So I called back the 800 # and gave them the TSB# and they told me that I didn't qualify because it clearly states that the TSB is for model years 2005-08.Any sugestions for the dealer when I take the vehicle in.

4. Jun 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You should have gone to the dealership first...Calling the 800 is a back up and only MIGHT help you with the 09.

They are completely right...You have an 09 so you can be denied easily. If you go to the dealer-Take the TSB. Tell them you have a problem with harsh right (Provided you do). If they say they won't do it. Use the part numbers from your springs, have them compare to the part numbers on the TSB, and go from there.

5. Jun 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    It's up to the dealer. Clean off the top of your leaf springs, stick a camera in your wheel well, and take a picture of the top of the leaf springs that clearly shows the part #. Show the picture to your dealer and tell them that it matches the part # on the TSB, and see if they will do anything about it. My dealer had some springs in stock, and didn't give me any hassle at all about doing the TSB on my '09.

6. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    oK, so today I had my truck inspected at the dealer that the 800# scheduled me @ and they said that the TSB does not pertain to my vehicle,That the production line on the serial/VIN# wasn't matching with the TSB report and that they couln't do the upgrade after the technician checked it out which he said wasn't failing,Even after showing them the part # on the springs and the VIN code.However they said that they would talk to corporate about the issue I'm having with the ass end if the truck saging when I hook up my boat to tow it and how the truck feels loose to where you can't drive faster than 55-60 mph without compensating too much the whole way.I guess I'm going to have to wait until they include the 2009.:confused:

7. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I suggest you call the 800 number again and ask them to give your case to a case manager because it is unacceptable that your brand new truck can't handle a load that it is suppose to. I've had a long battle with Toyota corporate and the dealership until I had my case managed. Whenever you call the 800 number, the people you usually talk to have no authority to do anything about it, the managers however are the ones that decide the outcome. My case manager called the DSPM (district service and parts manager) and the dealership to authorize the TSB. The case manager told me that he told the dspm that even though the 2009's aren't part of the TSB, the parts are still used and customers are having issues with it and that they still do the repairs for the 2009's for those customers that want it done. I hope this helps you out.

8. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    do the '09 springs have the same part # as the original 05-08 spring packs? i would ask what they changed in the production to eleminate the issue, and how the springs are different from the factory 05-08's.

come on Toyota...starting to remind me of GM. doesn't anyone stand behind their products these days?

9. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    I called the 800 # back and they said that they don't have any case managers that talk to customers, that's why they're there to answer calls for them.They also said that it looks like the dealer was looking into my concern to give them a couple of days and that I should hear from them.I will keep on badgering them to see if any progress could be done with this (the squeeky wheel get the grease syndrom).Thanks for the advise i will keep everyone posted.

10. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    Yes, mine does 480220-04190G LH,48210-04550 G RH

11. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  12. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    stay on them you will get it done. With your case it is a real safety issue while towing. I would say the vast majority of people on the site that have 09's are getting it taken care of...

13. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    if the 09's come with the same springs as the 05-08's, then the problem would be exactly the same. be polite, and point out the obvious to them. they should come around. surely toyota does not want you to be dissatisfied with your purchase would they? i think that's what got the ball rolling for me when i was trying to get it done. i was e-mailing toyotacares.com and getting generic responses "contact your dealer...blah blah blah" and whatnot...i responded simply with "does toyota not care about my satisfaction? please do not respond with another generic e-mail, as i will accept this as a "yes answer."." got a call from the service manager at the dealership i purchased the truck at the next day...of course...my truck was listed on the TSB. good luck. they know what's right...and what they should do to fix your issue.

14. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
  15. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    white91formula

white91formula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR

i havnt gotten it done and i have been trying

both coporate, and 2 dealerships have denied me will not do it

its getting rediculous and i think that its horrible i cant transport 2 dirtbikes in the rear of the truck with out it sagging and bottoming out over bumps

16. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    MSteinhauer

MSteinhauer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DoubleCab SR5
    When did the 2008 models get added to the TSB? If the 2009s are having the same issue as the 08s then shouldn't the 09s make it on the TSB soon? Or is that what the whole sticker thing is about where they lowered the amount that the truck is rated to so they wouldn't have to fix the problem?

17. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    Anyone who has an 09 and is looking to get the TSB, make sure that your rear leaf spring part numbers match that of the TSB. The part numbers are on the top side of the leaf so stick your head in the rear fender well and write down the part numbers on both sides. I called the 800 number and started a claim. The dealer called me back and told me at first that there wasn't a problem, when I confronted them with the part numbers and the TSB number, they told me they would call me right back after they called corporate. They called back within an hour and told me they had already ordered the parts and would call me back as soon as the parts came in.

18. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    white91formula

white91formula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR

i don't get this, some places don't even question this

i have dealt with 2 dealerships now for this problem and neither will do anything and apparently corporate keeps saying no

why is it that they are giving it to some people and not others.

i have the part numbers, the dealer recognized this and recognized that i was having the problem and saw that my bump stops were hitting my frame, yet they still wont do anything about it

19. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    Yeah this is me right now I'll try again tomorrow if I don't hear from them.

20. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I didn't want to drop names but if it would help you out, ask to speak to Chris Adamo. He was my case manager. Keep track of all the people you speak to because it all goes in their notes. If they ask where you got Chris's name, just tell them that someone in their office told you they don't have case managers and that you got the name off the forum.

Before I had a case manager, I asked to be transfered to one and the person on the phone told me that "they would tell you the same thing" and after venting my frustration with them politely, I was put on hold and when they came back, the person on the phone said "I forwared you case to a manager and they will call you within 24 hours".

Products Discussed in

To Top