Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dyno Lock® Power Tailgate Lock for 09 Tacoma

Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Dyno Lock® Power Tailgate Lock for 09 Tacoma

Noticed this lock for sale on Ebay; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Looks or, sounds pretty cool. Wondering if anyone had purchasedthis or similar and what the feedback is.

Anyone know of this?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
goride has a spectacular aura aboutgoride has a spectacular aura aboutgoride has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
goride's Tacoma Gallery
Got one just recently for my 09 and love it, simple to install,finding the correct wires was a bit of a hassle. Over all I think its a great product and your tail gate hopefully wont dissapear . also the owner is very nice and helpful.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I also have one... took about an hour to hook up, and the hardest part was figuring out which wires to use... I love the fact that it ties into the stock door lock remotes... just lock/unlock the truck like normal and the tailgate follows along...
Old 06-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you both for your responses.

I'm thinking this should be added to my "to do" list.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. Interesting. Is it a direct bolt on or is drilling involved?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:00 AM   #7

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
You should add it to your list, this is a must have for the tail gate lock.

I installed the hose clamp at the passenger side hinge to prevent tailgate theft, but this would certainly enhance that. I also have a tonneau cover, that and the tailgate lock, help secure the cargo area.

The fact that this lock syncs with the factory power door locks, is way cool!

Bob
Old 06-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #8
Wrekreation is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Wrekreation's Tacoma Gallery
see my review of dynolock

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...k-install.html
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #9
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerban View Post
Hmm. Interesting. Is it a direct bolt on or is drilling involved?

Direct bolt on... just take your time and it's a job that should take less than an hour... the only tools you need are a screwdriver and a couple wrenches...
Old 08-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
deanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant future

deanbhula1's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased one of these but i cant find the wires to connect it! could any of u that installed it already help me out?
thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a pop n lock and its the electronic one and i cant find those damn wire either. Spent all day hooking that damn thing up and still cant get the wires to work.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Sorry I cannot, since I did not have the pop & lock. Hope another member can help you out.
You have Dyno Lock or Pop & lock? The topic is Dyno...... not Pop & lock
Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #14
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
Sorry I cannot, since I did not have the pop & lock. Hope another member can help you out.
You have Dyno Lock or Pop & lock? The topic is Dyno...... not Pop & lock
The wiring should be the same for both.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #15

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I just received one that I am testing for Pop & Lock. I've sent an email for more detail.
Could you shoot me that info whenever you get it. I was going crazy trying to figure it out.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
deanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant future

i have the dynolock! what wires do i use?!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #17

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
it's in one of the other threads... hold on, I'll find it...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #19

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
yea, thats the one I was looking for...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #20

yea i read that one but i cant find these wires that are mentioned. i have a x-runner so maybe the lack of the back doors has something to do with it haha