Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bestop for Tacoma 05-06

Old 12-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
Bestop for Tacoma 05-06

Has anyone out there purchased one of these Jeep like tops for the bed of there truck? I was just looking to see what the opinion was on these. I am looking to buy one and would appreciate any comments on the subject.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, there was such an posting here including pictures. I did a brief search but couldn't find it. Keep looking or ask tcbob.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
ExitusLSU is on a distinguished road

ExitusLSU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPOM View Post
Has anyone out there purchased one of these Jeep like tops for the bed of there truck? I was just looking to see what the opinion was on these. I am looking to buy one and would appreciate any comments on the subject.
Are you looking for a tonneau cover for your truck? If so, I was initially looking at Gaylord covers, but was told by a dealer in the area that they've been having problems getting Gaylord to fulfill their orders and people returning the covers. They directed me toward ARE covers. You can find them at http://www.4are.com/product/view_mod...mk=t&md=tacoma.

ExitusLSU
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
extang rt for me it's slimming for my truck ;0)
Old 12-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #5
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
Ha Ha thats good, sounds like my wife, always looking for something slimming. Ldytaco what kind of rims do you have? Did they come with the truck? As for the topper I think Santa just ordered me one even though I havent been exactly good this year.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
2006 Taco lover
06TAC2WD is on a distinguished road

Name: David
06TAC2WD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 06TAC2WD Send a message via Yahoo to 06TAC2WD
is there a cover that does not interfere with the tie downs?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #7
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Lund roll up

I installed a Lund rollup last weekend. Install was about 20 minutes (after reading the instructions a million times before-hand).

I almost returned the thing after noticing it covers the side rail. But my work-around was to use the 4 tie-downs and only 2 of the 6 brackets that came with the tonneau. Now I still have my tie downs, but they're not movable anymore. Good enough for me.

I can take pictures if anybody's interested.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdec View Post
I installed a Lund rollup last weekend. Install was about 20 minutes (after reading the instructions a million times before-hand).

I almost returned the thing after noticing it covers the side rail. But my work-around was to use the 4 tie-downs and only 2 of the 6 brackets that came with the tonneau. Now I still have my tie downs, but they're not movable anymore. Good enough for me.

I can take pictures if anybody's interested.
I'd like to see some pictures... I'm still trying to decide what top to put on my Taco...
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pix... not that clear though.
Attached Thumbnails
Bestop for Tacoma 05-06-web1.jpg   Bestop for Tacoma 05-06-web2.jpg   Bestop for Tacoma 05-06-web3.jpg   Bestop for Tacoma 05-06-web4.jpg  
Old 12-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics... looks pretty good! How much did it cost you?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #11
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
It was $268 at FleetFarm. Lower price than any of the websites I checked out. Mostly in the $310s + shipping. It was $414 at the local CheckerAutoParts.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #12
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TAC2WD View Post
is there a cover that does not interfere with the tie downs?
If you want a soft tonneau that fits good and looks smooth then I would recommend an Access tonneau.

I had an Access Lorado and really liked it. It's very low profile. The Access LE will work with the tie downs. Heres a bunch of info about the Access covers, and lots of satisfied Tacoma owners that are using them.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t118926.html