Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All Pro Bumper People

Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Ragin will become famous soon enoughRagin will become famous soon enough
Ragin's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro Bumper People

I've been lookin at bumpers for a while, I really like the All Pro bumper but I was wondering what the guys that actually own them think....Is it pretty solid?...I like ARB bumpers so, are they comparable to that?....Thanks for the info/opinions/confessions...etc.

Or if you know anyone that has the bumper and wanna tell me about it. I don't know anyone in Lafayette that has one.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Probably the largest difference that you'll notice right away, is that the AllPro sheet metal is a 4 piece design. Meaning, cheaper to ship, and if in the event you damage one piece, its cheap to repair. You also get fog light holes.

The ARB is a one piece design that is airbag certified. From a couple of the accidents I've seen with them, they're extremely durable and don't transfer damage to the rest of the truck. No fog cutouts bugs me a little, but I can deal with that.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
I love my set, backed into a stump in the mountains the other day, not even a scratch hehe
Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
Ragin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replys guys, if you don't mind me asking...where did you get yours from?...is all pro the only place?

Oh and everyones truck looks f'in' badass!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is the install?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
jayster is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jayster's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever looked up the Road Armor bumpers? They look really heavy, but the CNC design looks like its tough enough for any type of front/side impact. They survived Afghanistan. Supposedly tougher then ARB and Warn.

http://www.roadarmor.com/site/toyota/05-tacoma.php
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
Ragin's Tacoma Gallery
yea its takes about 4-5 guys to put one on...we've put a few on for a couple dodges and chevys and those are definitely one of the heaviest bumpers out there. The ranch hand bumpers are up in that category too

You get what you pay for, its a really high quality product....but then again, thats pretty fuckin' high for a bumper
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
jayster is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jayster's Tacoma Gallery
Last month they had a sell on them...It seems like business must be slow, they had free shipping which was about 200 bucks, then they had 40 percent off if you bought both. I would really like to get these on my truck, but I'm still debating on weight and practicality. I'm headed out to Southern Utah and Nothern Arizona in July. Just got the Demello Sliders on last week, I'm thinking of going for the Allpro skid plates and rear diff guard. Have any of you guys heard or used Budbuilt skid plates? These suckers have to weigh in also. 3/16 steel.

http://www.budbuilt.com/new/05+Tacoma.html
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
only issue i had w/ mine is one of the light bar holes not lining up. a little drill action and thats all it took. as for the install, i did the bottom and upper center part solo and got the wife to hold up the two wings long enough to get a couple bolts in them and that was it. if u wanna do the BHLM or fogs, i woud recommend doing them before the complete install of the bumper. they are a bitch after its on.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #12
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper Companies suck. I have been searching for a rear bumper to replace my crashed one. Once you find a design that you like i suggest doing a google search of that company. I have come across so much negativity and reports of companies taking your order and cash and not delivering on your order and keeping a portion of your money.

Search Google writeups about road armor, Kennesaw mountain, and others. Geez some of them have multiple BBB complaints every month. I still have no rear bumper, Im still actively looking, just progressing slowly and cautiously.

Shrockworks gets my vote on the front bumper design. Im anxiously awaiting the ALLPRO rear plate bumper that is in the works though.

Just wish I could preorder and get on a waiting list.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
Bumper Companies suck. I have been searching for a rear bumper to replace my crashed one. Once you find a design that you like i suggest doing a google search of that company. I have come across so much negativity and reports of companies taking your order and cash and not delivering on your order and keeping a portion of your money.

Search Google writeups about road armor, Kennesaw mountain, and others. Geez some of them have multiple BBB complaints every month. I still have no rear bumper, Im still actively looking, just progressing slowly and cautiously.

Shrockworks gets my vote on the front bumper design. Im anxiously awaiting the ALLPRO rear plate bumper that is in the works though.

check out fire931 (armortech) and his new bolt on plate rear bumper...looks pretty damn good and u can integrate aux lights, hilift points, and the regular d-rings. pretty sweet rear thats available now i believe.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
check out fire931 (armortech) and his new bolt on plate rear bumper...looks pretty damn good and u can integrate aux lights, hilift points, and the regular d-rings. pretty sweet rear thats available now i believe.
For the rear...Armortech all the way. Plus kevin is a very stand-up guy. I have his first rear bumper that he made, and it is the shiat!

Oh...my all-pro font is great, except that the bastards started making the sheet metal front as a three-piece and then after a few months switched to four-piece. Moral of the story, if you got one when they were three-piece you're screwed if you want a replacement piece.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
For the rear...Armortech all the way. Plus kevin is a very stand-up guy. I have his first rear bumper that he made, and it is the shiat!

Oh...my all-pro font is great, except that the bastards started making the sheet metal front as a three-piece and then after a few months switched to four-piece. Moral of the story, if you got one when they were three-piece you're screwed if you want a replacement piece.

Thanks for letting know about this bumper setup guys. I dont know how I overlooked this thread. I have sent a PM and awaiting info back on costs and delivery timeframe on a rear bumper.

I have been looking for a quality bumper and company that can actually deliver a product. Some of the horror stories I have read on this site and just about every other offroad site has been unreal when it comes to these bumper companies.

Look forward to talking to Kevin asap and hopefully get on the list for a bumper dependent on cost , delivery , etc.