Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaf Springs squeak

Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
JStrib is on a distinguished road

JStrib's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to decide what to do with my squeaks. They're ridiculously aggravating. I guess I can try the WD40, but yeah. I just don't want to pay for new leafs, or pads, or whatever else the stealership wants to sell me...On an upside, I'm not really off-roading the truck anymore like I used to.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #24
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
anybody know where or which silicone lube/spray I should be looking at?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #25
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 Sport with a 3in lift. I had that same squeaking a while back and I thought it was the leafs too. Turned out to be the rear shock bushings. Might be something to look in to.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #26
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
I have a 2006 Sport with a 3in lift. I had that same squeaking a while back and I thought it was the leafs too. Turned out to be the rear shock bushings. Might be something to look in to.
Now if it ends up being the bushings what's the solution? Same thing right? Spray some lube?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #27
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Well not really. My problem was the shock bushing were so destroyed that they were all but gone so it was just metal to metal rubbing. Solution was buy 2 50cent busings and put them on.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
Hi
lol. o ok. Well Im guessing mine is the leaf spring then as I just got brand new shocks ( < 500miles) and the truck barely hit the 3k mile mark. Ill still check it out though. Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
im sick of the squeaks. i cant waste anymore WD-40 with this. everytime i use WD-40 it seems to get worse an come back faster everytime. i need a solution...

It started squeeking once i got the 2" toytec AAL

It would be awesome if i could get some of these questions answere because i cant find much info after searching... im willing to raise up the truck and disassemble the leafs if i have to and ill use my pressure washer.

What different type of grease should i be looking for?

how can i tell my brushings have gone bad? what should i look for?

silicone pads? where do i get those?

has some one successfully gotten rid of the squeak for a long period of time?

i have 2004 so i have no warrenty like most of you guys.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I took an old bike tube and cut about a 1 inch section out of it. The bike tube already had some chalky stuff in it, but I went ahead and sprayed the inside with some white lithium. Got a pry bar in between the two leafs that were making noise and with the other hand stuck the rubber tube in and positioned it with the screw driver.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #31
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm interesting. i like that. i could do that.

i have to find the culprit first... if the leafs are making the squeak ill take that into consideration

if its my brushings what should i look for to identify that they have gone bad?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #32
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
im sick of the squeaks. i cant waste anymore WD-40 with this. everytime i use WD-40 it seems to get worse an come back faster everytime. i need a solution...

It started squeeking once i got the 2" toytec AAL

It would be awesome if i could get some of these questions answere because i cant find much info after searching... im willing to raise up the truck and disassemble the leafs if i have to and ill use my pressure washer.

What different type of grease should i be looking for?

how can i tell my brushings have gone bad? what should i look for?

silicone pads? where do i get those?

has some one successfully gotten rid of the squeak for a long period of time?

i have 2004 so i have no warrenty like most of you guys.
Talk about thread revival but thanks for searching. Check out my signature for another leaf spring squeak fix.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #33
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Bushings, it's your bushings! Got mine replaced, now the suspension is squeak free!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #35
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I saw some ultimate squeak/sound thread a few weeks ago. Anybody know where it went?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #36
beachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachbumberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman, 325FS, 2d AMU
Name: andrew
beachbumberry's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html
Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Mine squeak like a son of a bitch its funny if you sit on the tail gate it has a slow squeak down until my weight stops pushing it down. But I wheel mine alot and my squeaking is proly due to that.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #38
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
This squeak drives me absolutely crazy.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
Jerry.cooper is on a distinguished road
Jerry.cooper's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 08 prerunner four door 2wd that squeaks very bad aNd has for awhile, I've tried power washing and wd40 the whole nine yards. Any other ideas on a fix because i don't have the money to spend at the dealer to get fixed! My wife hates this truck because of the squeeking so please help me and this is a 2wd truck so no mudding ever and truck only has 63000 miles on it