Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 Daytime running lights

Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
09 Daytime running lights

Hey all-

Shopping for my new truck that I will probably have pics up here in a week or two. Fun fun! I'm either getting the pyrite, or the gray, haven't decided yet. The only pyrites left have the daytime running lights installed. Now I do believe that is a jumper/relay addition only, I do plan on turning those things off - is that too hard to pull off? Is this something to avoid on a purchase?

Getting a little excited since I finally got a dealer talking high 27s, sticker is 31.6k. Gonna see if I can get em to the mid 27s but regardless they have to order in a truck from somewhere else to get a color other than white.

Short version - daytime running lights - no big deal to disable?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you want to disable them? I would think you'd want to be seen better so some Bozo won't hit your new Taco.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
The amber lights annoy me. I just wondered if anyone here thought they were a big deal, on or off.

I'm not worried. My dilemma is - gray vs pyrite, dealership would have to trade to get either but they're talking my numbers I want.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I wouldn't think it'd be that hard but I understand why you want it off. Personally I like having a BSP tacoma and the ability to go dark
Old 06-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Its just a relay under your dashboard you would have to disconnect. I actually added DTRL's on my 06' because they didn't come with the truck. I think you should keep them on. If you don't like the amber, you can always just change the bulb color. I changed mine to yellow bulbs to match my fog lights and side markers. The bulbs in my sig are still the amber ones before I changed them.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya...I can't stand the DRL's...i will be taking mine off as soon as i get the truck tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
kyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
kyakovich311's Tacoma Gallery
Vette???.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Its just a relay under your dashboard you would have to disconnect. I actually added DTRL's on my 06' because they didn't come with the truck. I think you should keep them on. If you don't like the amber, you can always just change the bulb color. I changed mine to yellow bulbs to match my fog lights and side markers. The bulbs in my sig are still the amber ones before I changed them.
I agree. My dad has a 06 C6 and the signal markers are the daytime running lights too. Whenever I see a Tacoma like that it always makes me think of a vette... What was the link to the thread that shows you how to do the mod? I have an 06 and I wanted to make the conversion.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Before having them, I did not like them much either. But driving with them I notice people not making those close left turns in front of you and yielding, or that driver yeilding instead of making that right turn into traffic right in front of you when your going 55mph. It seems the lights make them second guess and wait instead of going. I like that...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Well, to anyone that ss ripping out their DRL relay and jumper in the near future, let me know how much you want for the parts.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like DRL's either. Glad I could just turn them off when I had my Impala, or it was just a pull of a fuse away. Glad my Taco didn't have them. However I wouldn't mind them as much on this truck since it's in the parking lamps I could deal with that. I just don't like them when them on cars when they run the lows or highs at a reduced power.