1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Daytime running lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by EricT, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Jun 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    EricT

EricT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Hey all-

Shopping for my new truck that I will probably have pics up here in a week or two. Fun fun! I'm either getting the pyrite, or the gray, haven't decided yet. The only pyrites left have the daytime running lights installed. Now I do believe that is a jumper/relay addition only, I do plan on turning those things off - is that too hard to pull off? Is this something to avoid on a purchase?

Getting a little excited since I finally got a dealer talking high 27s, sticker is 31.6k. Gonna see if I can get em to the mid 27s but regardless they have to order in a truck from somewhere else to get a color other than white.

Short version - daytime running lights - no big deal to disable?

2. Jun 7, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    Why do you want to disable them? I would think you'd want to be seen better so some Bozo won't hit your new Taco.

3. Jun 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
    +1

Most guys on here want to add them. There is another thread on here to add them. I guess you would just do reverse directions.

4. Jun 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    EricT

EricT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    The amber lights annoy me. I just wondered if anyone here thought they were a big deal, on or off.

I'm not worried. My dilemma is - gray vs pyrite, dealership would have to trade to get either but they're talking my numbers I want.

5. Jun 7, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I wouldn't think it'd be that hard but I understand why you want it off. Personally I like having a BSP tacoma and the ability to go dark :D

6. Jun 7, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Its just a relay under your dashboard you would have to disconnect. I actually added DTRL's on my 06' because they didn't come with the truck. I think you should keep them on. If you don't like the amber, you can always just change the bulb color. I changed mine to yellow bulbs to match my fog lights and side markers.;) The bulbs in my sig are still the amber ones before I changed them.

7. Jun 7, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    I feel ya...I can't stand the DRL's...i will be taking mine off as soon as i get the truck tomorrow.

8. Aug 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    kyakovich311

kyakovich311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, K&N Intake System, Black Cat Custom Gauge faces, BHLM, leather arm rest MOD, DDM HID's. Stereo: Alpine CDA-9887 Head Unit, Polk Audio Momo MM6's Component Speakers all four doors, JL Audio 8W7 W/ Custom center console enclosure, JL 300/4, JL 500/1, Big 3 Wire Upgrade+Kinetik HC600 power cell. Street Glow Ultra bright orange neons for interior lighting. MB TKO Wheels on BFG MT KM2 31's, Viper 5704 w/ Smart Start & GPS Tracking, Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT System.
    I agree. My dad has a 06 C6 and the signal markers are the daytime running lights too. Whenever I see a Tacoma like that it always makes me think of a vette...:) What was the link to the thread that shows you how to do the mod? I have an 06 and I wanted to make the conversion.

9. Aug 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Before having them, I did not like them much either. But driving with them I notice people not making those close left turns in front of you and yielding, or that driver yeilding instead of making that right turn into traffic right in front of you when your going 55mph. It seems the lights make them second guess and wait instead of going. I like that...:cool:

10. Aug 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    Well, to anyone that ss ripping out their DRL relay and jumper in the near future, let me know how much you want for the parts. :cool:

11. Aug 16, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I don't like DRL's either. Glad I could just turn them off when I had my Impala, or it was just a pull of a fuse away. Glad my Taco didn't have them. However I wouldn't mind them as much on this truck since it's in the parking lamps I could deal with that. I just don't like them when them on cars when they run the lows or highs at a reduced power.

Products Discussed in

To Top