Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How long do your brakes last?

View Poll Results: How many miles were on your original set of brake pads?
under 10,000 12 1.45%
11,000-30,000 36 4.34%
31,000-40,000 48 5.79%
41,000-50,000 66 7.96%
51,000-60,000 68 8.20%
61,000-70,000 49 5.91%
71,000-80,000 35 4.22%
81,000-90,000 31 3.74%
above 91,000 63 7.60%
I haven't replaced them yet, specified below. 421 50.78%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
How long do your brakes last?

I was chatting with my mom yesterday on how the '05 Exped has 11mm left on the front and 10mm left on the rear...on the original 5 year old brake pads...then the '01 Exped came up and she mentioned it getting new brakes at like 25K miles.
I'm just curious as to how many miles you've got on your original brake pads.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i had 104K when i changed mine
Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i had 104K when i changed mine
I was around 100k too. Never replaced the rears.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dang you guys are quick, I didn't even have the poll up yet!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
Dang you guys are quick, I didn't even have the poll up yet!

We are professionals.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

We are professionals.
Hahaha! Touche...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

We are professionals.
x2
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

also...i am unable to vote on the poll
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #9

Marines:
Why dat yo?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'm at 78k and the front pads are a little over 50%. The firestone shop told me they were at 90%, so I bought all the parts to do it myself BEFORE I actually checked them myself.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #11

Quote:
also...i am unable to vote on the poll

Quote:
Why dat yo?
Yee, why dat yo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I'm at 78k and the front pads are a little over 50%. The firestone shop told me they were at 90%, so I bought all the parts to do it myself BEFORE I actually checked them myself.
lol damned Firestone.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Why dat yo?
apparently because im stupid and cant read...and skipped an options
Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #13

Quote:
apparently because im stupid and cant read...and skipped an options
I voted for you then!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i dont really keep track of that..I know they last for a while thou.

gf's dodge needs brakes at 55K, and an outer tie rod end.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #15

Should've made the votes public...11,000-30,000 makes me wonder...if they were public I could ask.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to change mine at 35,000-40,000.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I am going to change mine at 35,000-40,000.
Whether it's time to or not?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol damned Firestone.
Yeah, the only reason I take my truck there is for the lifetime front end alignment. I guess they think they can get me to spend 3-400 on replacing the front pads and cleaning the rears. I quit going to that location for that and lame service.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Yeah, the only reason I take my truck there is for the lifetime front end alignment. I guess they think they can get me to spend 3-400 on replacing the front pads and cleaning the rears. I quit going to that location for that and lame service.

Good man! Firestone has crap tires anyway.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whether it's time to or not?

Yeah. Mine are squeaking right now, probably because I abuse them.

But I figure I might as well upgrade them either way.

They still have plenty of life though. They could go way past 40,000, I just feel like an upgrade.