1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Urd maf cal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SMG26, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Jun 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    SMG26

SMG26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Woodstock,GA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Injen CAI, JBA exhaust pipes 2.5" w/magnaflow muffler, Doug Thorley Long tube headers, URD MAF CAL and O2 sim,Access roll up cover, AVS Wind deflectors, coverking seatcovers, grillcraft upper/lower grille, Halo projectors w/6000k HID and pop lock on tailgate.
    I just got my cali today in the mail. I have soldering experience with wiring electric guitars. Was wondering if someone could help me out. What type of soldering iron (watt type) or brand did you use to wire the cali. And what is the best solder flux to use.

2. Jun 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    butane soldering iron is the best, small rosin core solder seems to work the best for me.
    I haven't wired a maf, but general wiring in the truck.

3. Jun 9, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I used to do a lot of electronics repair, but not that much on vehicles. A good adjustable wattage iron (weller, tenma, edsyn) and some silver bearing solder from Radio Shack is a pretty good combo. A butane iron is also pretty good if you don't want to worry about running an extension cord.

Products Discussed in

To Top