Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lifting your truck! Things you need to know.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #21
Tio Pepe has a spectacular aura aboutTio Pepe has a spectacular aura about
Tio Pepe's Tacoma Gallery
Now if someone will just decide which to do for me, and help pay for it I will be set!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
motodragon is on a distinguished road
Army: Recon 1/27 INF
motodragon's Tacoma Gallery
Love your truck man! Especially the light/grille setup, What Island are you on?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #24
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting my Coma

Toku58, you seem to be the most informative on Comas in general, i would really appreciate your input if you get the chance. I'm new to this threading thing and i don't know much about lifts.

I have an '07 Coma PreRunner and am looking to get it lifted. I want to get a 6" lift, but don't really have the money to do a 6" suspension lift. i have been looking at 3" suspension lifts and 3" body lifts to be used in conjunction with each other but haven't really found any useful information on them being used together. Are there potential downfalls to using both types of lifts(other than the increased frame space from the cab) together?

Of course my best bet is probably to save up for a suspension lift, but i was just wondering. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #25
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockittillyareconizeit View Post
Toku58, you seem to be the most informative on Comas in general, i would really appreciate your input if you get the chance. I'm new to this threading thing and i don't know much about lifts.

I have an '07 Coma PreRunner and am looking to get it lifted. I want to get a 6" lift, but don't really have the money to do a 6" suspension lift. i have been looking at 3" suspension lifts and 3" body lifts to be used in conjunction with each other but haven't really found any useful information on them being used together. Are there potential downfalls to using both types of lifts(other than the increased frame space from the cab) together?

Of course my best bet is probably to save up for a suspension lift, but i was just wondering. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
My advice would be to save up and get what you really want. You won't be happy if you settle.

Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #26
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
great info toku, thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #27
rockyroad is on a distinguished road

rockyroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to rockyroad Send a message via Skype™ to rockyroad
dark knight...

Hey Dark knight..

love the top of your bed where did you get it? i have the 09' Black 2WD Tacoma and i was thinking on geting something for my bed to cover it i loved your idea of a sort of canopy where can i get one

Thanks,

Rockyroad
Old 07-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Ok Guys i know there is already enough information here but i still need extra help to decide i guess i am one of those slow ones lol... ok here is what i have and what i like you tell me whats best for me...

2005 TRD off road package 2WD
i go off roading but only biggners course i dont go all out and i dont think i will.
I dont haul much or put a lot of load on the truck and if i ever will it wont be a huge boat or a camper.
The max lift i would like to have is no more than 3" not to mention its more for looks than actual ground clearence.
i do not prefer my ride to be very stilff on normal roads.
i want something strong and stable that can last long.
i would like to see my truck leveled.

Ok so now i would like to have some opinion on what fits my need the best.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by talhas001 View Post
Ok Guys i know there is already enough information here but i still need extra help to decide i guess i am one of those slow ones lol... ok here is what i have and what i like you tell me whats best for me...

2005 TRD off road package 2WD
i go off roading but only biggners course i dont go all out and i dont think i will.
I dont haul much or put a lot of load on the truck and if i ever will it wont be a huge boat or a camper.
The max lift i would like to have is no more than 3" not to mention its more for looks than actual ground clearence.
i do not prefer my ride to be very stilff on normal roads.
i want something strong and stable that can last long.
i would like to see my truck leveled.

Ok so now i would like to have some opinion on what fits my need the best.
Bilstein 5100s with an AAL. Cheap (relatively)...Effective...and comfortable from what I have heard.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #30
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Brunes how much lift will i get with this set up ?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
" The Master Ninja"

sorry i actually meant to ask with the AAL? will my truck be leveled with this set up by just A leaf in rear and 3" Bilstein in front
Old 07-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by talhas001 View Post
Thanks Brunes how much lift will i get with this set up ?
If you read the first post it gives you the settings of the 5100's. As for what lift will suit you the best? That is totally up to you.

What you can afford?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #33
" The Master Ninja"

money is no problem but i do not want to pay too much but i already got help and decided on what i would like to do thanks ya all for all ure help.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #34
" The Master Ninja"

toku58 your truck is beauty man
Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #35
AGENT-X is on a distinguished road

AGENT-X's Tacoma Gallery
Great info Toku, I learned a lot from you a few years ago when I was doing my lift and deciding on which UCA's to go with. You're were a tremendous help. You Tacoma sure does look a lot different than it did back then.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #36

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGENT-X View Post
Great info Toku, I learned a lot from you a few years ago when I was doing my lift and deciding on which UCA's to go with. You were a tremendous help. You Tacoma sure does look a lot different than it did back then.
I'm always glad to help.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #37
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
hey awesome thread! thanks a lot i want to lift my truck and this helped but i still have one question. isnt the bilstein 5100 stock on the trd off road?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #38

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
hey awesome thread! thanks a lot i want to lift my truck and this helped but i still have one question. isnt the bilstein 5100 stock on the trd off road?
Well Bilsteins are on the TRD trucks. BUT! The 5100's are an adjustable shock. Which are different.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #39
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
thanks brother! you are like the cliff notes of the lift threads!! we appreciate it.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #40
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
....nevermind. My rubbing was a case of "If you want it done right you have to do it yourself"