Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lifting your truck! Things you need to know.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #82
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
? about AAl's: where should I look to find more info on them? ie; pricing?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #83
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #84
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Can you put like camburg UCA on a 6 inch procomp lift with coil overs?
You can; but I'd recommend the LR's because it's a more adjustable paltform. Because the Procomp DB lift has a greater range it's better to have something that can be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURFTACO View Post
? about AAl's: where should I look to find more info on them? ie; pricing?
Check ToyTeclifts.com or Wheelers offroad they have very competitive pricing! Tell them you're from TW and they will cut you a deal!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #85
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
You can; but I'd recommend the LR's because it's a more adjustable paltform. Because the Procomp DB lift has a greater range it's better to have something that can be adjusted.

Check ToyTeclifts.com or Wheelers offroad they have very competitive pricing! Tell them you're from TW and they will cut you a deal!
So with my 6 inch Fabtech lift would you recommend me getting LR UCA?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #86
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalleon View Post
So with my 6 inch Fabtech lift would you recommend me getting LR UCA?
Yes! I run them and the alignment shop can set my alignment to anything I ask.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #87
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes! I run them and the alignment shop can set my alignment to anything I ask.

Toku! you are a life saver! i been asking people about it and i either get NO answer or "NO bc DB are designed to keep factory geometry"
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #88

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toku! you are a life saver! i been asking people about it and i either get NO answer or "NO bc DB are designed to keep factory geometry"
LOL! NP!! Nothing you do to the truck keeps the factory Geometry!

I basically know way to much about these trucks!
Mostly trial and error method on my R&D, because like you I found that even the people that make the components for these trucks don't really understand it!

Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #89

btw in this forum Chris4x4 recommended TC over LR UCA.... any idea why? I want to get these by the weekend so I want to make a good decision and I figured you have my lift and tires pretty much so any advice would be great Toku!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...acing-uca.html
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #90

btw glad to see you rep the 808 bruddah!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #91

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
btw in this forum Chris4x4 recommended TC over LR UCA.... any idea why? I want to get these by the weekend so I want to make a good decision and I figured you have my lift and tires pretty much so any advice would be great Toku!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...acing-uca.html
No idea why? You'd need to ask him what is the basis for that opinion.

TC's I've found to have a short coming. They do not have a large enough misalignment spacer. They work good on 3" lifts. But can't take the different angles of the DB lifts.

I have another post on CT that show spacer that I designed to fix that issue if you're currently running TC's.
Maybe later when I get home I'll post pictures of it also.

Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #92

Quote:
No idea why? You'd need to ask him what is the basis for that opinion.

TC's I've found to have a short coming. They do not have a large enough misalignment spacer. They work good on 3" lifts. But can't take the different angles of the DB lifts.

I have another post on CT that show spacer that I designed to fix that issue if you're currently running TC's.
Maybe later when I get home I'll post pictures of it also.

Good Luck!

Thanks! btw im originally from Hilo!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #93
MadTaco has a spectacular aura aboutMadTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bill
MadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to lift my 05 3" so this was a helpful thread. Thanks, pictures when completed.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #94
dakarTRD87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 21A
dakarTRD87's Tacoma Gallery
great post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #95
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
IF YOU HAVE A REG CAB, FLIP THE REAR DRIVESHAFT OR YOU WILL GET VIBRATIONS AND NOISES! haha just had to add that.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #96
stabngrab is on a distinguished road
stabngrab's Tacoma Gallery
Great post. Explains way more than I have found on my own.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #97
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Just what I was looking for! Glad I didn't post a thread. lol
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #98
Rob2.7Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
Rob2.7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What is the minimum height that i would need to extend steering? how much of a lift can i do without really messing with the overall geometry?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #99
trdkrupp is on a distinguished road

Army: CBRN Technician, 2-44 ADA
Name: Nate
trdkrupp's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up, thanks for taking the time to do it. Helps the FNGs like me.