Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First long trip in new taco...

Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Western Alliance-NorCal
victorye3 is on a distinguished road

victorye3's Tacoma Gallery
First long trip in new taco...

Well this weekend I went to Los Angeles and man it was a bumping ride. I didnt think it would be that way but the Off Road package sure didnt seem useful. Or maybe its not built for the free way. Every little bump and it bounced.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
They can definitely bring out the imperfections in the road. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. In my wifes G6 all the highways in town seem smooth. But in my Taco there is one highway that is absolutely terrible. You would swear we were traveling down a washboarded country road. It looks perfect but you can distinctly feel every single slab of concrete as you drive over the joint.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you bought a truck and you got a truck, pound for pound, dollar for dollar you got one of the best trucks going, if not the best. Try this, put about 300lbs in the back, and then take that trip, I bet it rides nicer, but your milage will drop a little, not only this, it is a new truck, let it break in, it will soften a little over time.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Nice tight suspension. I love it. Did you not test drive before you bought it??
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
Western Alliance-NorCal
victorye3 is on a distinguished road

victorye3's Tacoma Gallery
yah i test drove it. It seem really smooth. I just got to get use to it. It just surprised me that it was ruff on a long trip like that.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i'm taking my taco for the first long trip on wednesday night into thursday morning, about 800 miles each way with my brother so it should be fuuuuun. i feel many moons flying out the window and lots of energy drinks and junk food
Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
Tight suspention is the point of the off road package
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #8

yes it is, and i love the way mine handles. for having the off-road package i didnt think it'd handle better than every other truck i've ever been in, i can almost drive this thing like a WRX haha
Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I go out of town every weekend, some long trips some short. I dont have any complaints at all about the ride. have you checked your tire pressure? keep it around 30psi and you should be fine
Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Just drove from Houston, TX to Cleveland, OH and i thought it road nice..... Spent a few nights in KY but drove 1400 miles total. will be driving back this weekend and i dread the long time spent in the truck and on the road, but don't dread the ride. I was suprisingly pleased with it.....
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
That is weird... I have the TRD OR as well and that ride is nice. I have taken a few semi long trips with comfort. Like ndcouch said... PSI?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
I love the ride of my truck that's why i got rid of my last one. If you want to experience a bad ride drive a dodge.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
hokihigh is on a distinguished road
hokihigh's Tacoma Gallery
I just got back from a trip Jacksonville, Fl and all in all I was very pleased with the ride. This was the furtherest trip by far in the year that I have owned my truck and I was pleased all around with my truck.

hokihigh
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #14
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Not to sound too much like a "me too", but I put 1200 miles on my truck last week (almost half it's total) and can't complain about the ride. I did have a couple of hundred pounds in the bed with all our luggage and such. I'm not sure whether this is a personal preference thing, or if yours really has some issue.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #15
bao523 is on a distinguished road
bao523's Tacoma Gallery
i took a one day trip to dallas from houston 4 hr drive, with nothing in my truck but a back pack and loved every mile. you might want to find someone else with a taco and see if you can get a ride to see if you might have a problem with yours.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so my trucks the first gen ( DBL Cab TuRD ), but I have found that even with the mfg suggested 26 PSI in the rear that when rotating the tires they show wear signs of over inflation (more wear in the center).I run 24 PSI now in the rear and recomended 26 in frnt.Currently on second set of General Grabber ATs 265 70 16s. Don`t foget to air up with a load though.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #17

i drove a total of 1600 miles from wednesday night to saturday night this past week over thanksgiving, drove great the whole time.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
Just drove from Houston, TX to Cleveland, OH and i thought it road nice..... Spent a few nights in KY but drove 1400 miles total. will be driving back this weekend and i dread the long time spent in the truck and on the road, but don't dread the ride. I was suprisingly pleased with it.....
yo you should stop by illinois on the way back lol