Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dent on the roof of my 2500miles old baby...

Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
Dent on the roof of my 2500miles old baby...

I actually posted this on TN a while ago. But I recently discovered this site and have been lurking and reading for a while. Might have to become part of this Carolina Alliance, I have all the traits... Drink too much beer, lazy as fcuk and drive a tacoma which I love.

Back to the matter at hand. I have a dent on my truck. I have no idea how it got there. I have done everything I think I can to fix this. It's not too much of an eye soar, but anything on a new 30k truck hurts, specially when its in plain sight. Here are some pics:

I have tried everything. Taken it to about 4 PDR guys and they all refuse to work on it. One offered that he could drill and remove but he did not sound confident in the end result and did not want to guarantee the work. The problem is that the area is triple walled, making it impossible to access with their tools.

I then tried the internet and that the airduster thing like 10 times with no luck. Link in case you never heard of it. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379...ith_airduster/

One of the places I took it to get PDR'd was a body shop I trust and I also had them give me a quote to repair the old fashion way. The quote was for $400.

Now, I think I have exhausted all my options. I thought I would ask you guys for your thoughts. Should I fork over the 400 dollars or just call it a day. Consider the truck christened and move on.

Here is another picture of her, the first time she was in my driveway (her new home).

Old 11-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
That's not a dent, that's a personalized aerodynamic curvature. At least that's what I'd play it off as. Seroiusly, it's not too bad but I know how you feel. The first dent, ding, or scratch hurts. After that, it's just gettin broken in.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I bet it was those two punk kids in the background. Do you have a basketball goal?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I bet it was those two punk kids in the background. Do you have a basketball goal?
I see the possibility of it being one of my two kids... They would have ratted each other out by now though if that was the case.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
the first in a long line i still remember my first it was 4 years ago and now i have many more
Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
I see the possibility of it being one of my two kids... They would have ratted each other out by now though if that was the case.
Unless they were in on it together...
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Spacedude is on a distinguished road

Spacedude's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought, could you put a roof rack on top to hide it? I would fix it. I know it's a truck, but it is new and you'll be looking at it for a long time. Just my 2$.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
jtsimaras is on a distinguished road
jtsimaras's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe one of the kids threw something and accidently hit your truck---hmm. dentless dent repair should get it fixed
Old 11-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Son of a B**ch !! That is such a gorgous truck, but it is a truck. It's a little to early to have your first dent or scatch but... your here. Drive on
Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
TJOPILOT will become famous soon enough
TJOPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Time to cut it off and put a sunroof in!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #11

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
i just got to start pretending the dent is not there.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
rodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodrigogudino is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rodrigogudino's Tacoma Gallery
I know it's been long since you posted this, but I have to share.. I also have one of those, NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT THERE.. on both sides, actually aligned one to the other. That's only on the "reinforced" part (above doors), because my roof is ALL dented. I'm putting a claim with the BAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
I actually posted this on TN a while ago. But I recently discovered this site and have been lurking and reading for a while. Might have to become part of this Carolina Alliance, I have all the traits... Drink too much beer, lazy as fcuk and drive a tacoma which I love.

Back to the matter at hand. I have a dent on my truck. I have no idea how it got there. I have done everything I think I can to fix this. It's not too much of an eye soar, but anything on a new 30k truck hurts, specially when its in plain sight. Here are some pics:

I have tried everything. Taken it to about 4 PDR guys and they all refuse to work on it. One offered that he could drill and remove but he did not sound confident in the end result and did not want to guarantee the work. The problem is that the area is triple walled, making it impossible to access with their tools.

I then tried the internet and that the airduster thing like 10 times with no luck. Link in case you never heard of it. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379...ith_airduster/

One of the places I took it to get PDR'd was a body shop I trust and I also had them give me a quote to repair the old fashion way. The quote was for $400.

Now, I think I have exhausted all my options. I thought I would ask you guys for your thoughts. Should I fork over the 400 dollars or just call it a day. Consider the truck christened and move on.

Here is another picture of her, the first time she was in my driveway (her new home).