1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma and got my TSB DONE!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by linkfeeney, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    just got home with my tacoma with the leaf springs done!!
    the WHOLE THING was free plus a Car WASH!!! I'm Feel HIGH UP!!!!

OH YEAH BABY!!! I'M THE LAW BITCHES!!!:D

I'll post my pics this weekends!

2. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Jun 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    some good shots of the upgrade leaf springs.... well I think they are good shots

IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    mcgiiver

mcgiiver Well-Known Member

Member:
    Princeton, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Access cab 4x4, 4 cyl, stick
    Aftermarket Driving Lights, Hidden Hitch, Removed rear headrests, Side protective moldings, vacuum gauge, Scan Gauge, Leer cap.
    Did you sacrifice much ride quality from the originals? What dealer?, I am from Princeton, are you happy with your dealer?

5. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    good! Tell u the ride, it rides the same for me! I got it done at burlington liberty toyota
    they did a good job, they just had a lot of questions that's all. I told them about the sagging when i had a load and I show them about toyota was fixing it. They order the parts for me... couple of days late I dropped off the truck and after work, went back to get it... Updated everything. Leaf springs, U bolts, alignments, toe and camber... all free!

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    jholland52

jholland52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bothell WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Trimmed mud flaps, blue headlights and fog lights, flowmaster muffler, K&N drop in filter.... plenty more to come!
    yeah i think they are getting better about questioning people and stuff cause i just called and asked about it and the guy asked if i was having any problems and i said yeah i a little i noticed some sagging with loads and he said alright and ordered the parts right then. never needed to answer any other questions. it was nice cause they were such douche bags last time i went in about something much smaller..

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    I had my 09 done a few weeks ago after it had already been lifted and had the toytec TSB AAL installed. The dealer gave me no problems at all. I can't really tell a difference in the ride though.

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    Toyota knows this is a problem, they only fixing only when u are complain about it. As long it's not life threaten... then its all kosher for toyota. Keep on bitching at toyota!!

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    TacoSupreme

TacoSupreme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    007 DC Cuatro Por Cuatro
    Got mine done and the service was 1st Class. First time Germain's Toyota of Naples,FL has done it and was correct. Gave loaner car during the service. Any other locals contact the service manager Robin Wehrs @ 239-592-5550 ext. 321 and get it done.

10. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM
    sector5503

sector5503 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Exaust
    hang on.... what happened.... everybody likes something for free, lol i have a 09. What is going on with them???

11. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Thanks for the "heads up" on your 2009 TSB -- rear springs.

I have the problem on my new 2009 DC and talked to "Dealer Service Director".
    He knew of no such problem, he says .. ha ha ha ... .. but said he would research it and get back to me the next day.

He NEVER called back. And that was almost 2 weeks ago.

I called the same Service Director the next day and left a message about our conversation ... he still never returned the call.

Went back to Dealer on third day and he was busy.

I shall wait a bit more and then contact them again before I get out the "bigger guns" (contacts @ Toyota-Japan) ... they are going to fix my soft springs and other items associated with it ... :D

SOS

12. Jun 14, 2009 at 4:29 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Nothing if you aren't having a problem is the best way to put it.

Some people were reporting bottoming out with loads half of our capacity or a "rough ride", so toyota has a TSB to replace the 3 leaf w/ 4 leaf package, plus non-TRD trucks get the blistein shocks... the TSB does not yet cover 09s, but plenty of us (myself included) got it done on an 09.

Some dealerships make it difficult, some seem happy to do it.

13. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    Micke.223

Micke.223 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Pennsyvlania
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Venture Shield 3M Clear Bra, 40% Front Tint, EGR Slimline In-Channel Visors, Weahther Tech Mats, Okole Seat Covers, Stant 10504 Locking Fuel Cap, Dyno Lock, G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover
    I've been dealing my my stealership (Milham Toyota in Easton, PA). They've acknowledge it needs to be done, but have dragged their feet for a week. They've promised to call me 3 different times, but never do. 1 of those times was by the Customer Service Manager!!! They've supposedly ordered my new springs, after I called this past Wednesday to complain, but I have not heard back from them to confirm (no call to schedule). I'm about to take my truck to New Holland and leave these bozos stuck with the springs. To be honest, I didn't expect to be ignored by the stealership for at least another 6-8 months...certainly not within 2 weeks after I bought the vehicle.

14. Jun 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    Captain

Captain Well-Known Member

Member:
    nys, Hudson Valley Area
    Vehicle:
    2017trd sport pkg d/cab LB
    Well I have about 4500 miles on my new 09 DC, sport pkg. drove to Florida a few weeks ago in time for moonson rains (over 20" in a week). Actually had to sandbag the rear of my condo and while filling and transporting those bags did notice the truck was not happy with the load.

When I got home (NY) I called my dealer Prestige Toyota, Kingston, NY tole them about my conserns. The service manager Chuck Dee told me he would get back to me and within a couple hours he called and said the parts are on order. In about three days I had an appointment and they did the TSB including alignment. Cost to Toyota was a little over $1600.00 according to invoice.

I really expected a tough time but it went really smooth.
    I really want to THANK who ever was responsible for this web site because the truth be known I would never have thought this was possible let alone having it done....

15. Jun 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    dude, I have the TSB for 2008 but it covers the 09 if you have the parts that needs to be updated...
    let me know, i have it in PFD i got it a while back.

16. Jun 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    I guess that's where u got the truck from? you should go back to the sales person and say to him, then he/she will go back to the mechanics... saying please get this guy off my back and fix the damn truck....;)

17. Jun 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    I has the TSB on PDF file, let me know if u need it..... I'm sure he would feel stupid about it cause u were able to get it and he doesn't...

18. Jun 15, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Hey lifefeeney,

That would be super if you could email that to me. I would love to read it and see what it includes. My truck is 3 months old with maybe 3,200 miles.

Some with TSB preformed got front & rear shocks replaced and alignment also and some did not. It would be nice to see the actual TSB on the 2009.

Thanks a bunch and you can email it to me at --> SOSHeloPilot@aol.com

SOS

PS ... My dealer (including Service Director) went underground (won't return calls now) and basically and has not even acknowledged this as a problem or a TSB for it on the 2009s. And I have been super polite with them too (perhaps too polite).

I have bought a lot of Toyotas in my lifetime and this dealer has been one of the most difficult to deal with ... from sales, to paying of trade in on time, to the service dept now.

19. Jun 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    indycross

indycross Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    Vehicle:
    1981 FJ40 Land Cruiser, 2018 4Runner Limited; 2011 Tundra Crewcab 4WD
    HI. I am waiting on the delivery of my new '09 DC L/B 4x4... should i just drive straight to the dealer and tell them to fix this issue?:confused:

I am planning on dropping a 3" Suspension lift as soon as I can.

Thoughts? I appreciate it!

20. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    I don't think that's entirely correct. Unless something has changed, according to toyota, the TSB is for '05-'08. The '09's aren't on there yet and the dealerships don't have to do them on the '09 in all cases. Some do them, but from what I understand, they dont "have to". I know it's somewhere on here.... The '09 guys just have to hope we get one soon

Products Discussed in

To Top