Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau Covers

Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
BreezyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau Covers

I am on the verge of purchasing a Fiberglass color matching tonneau cover for my Silver Streak double cab long bed. I was wanting to know what is the top of the line model, and which models some of you Tacoma lovers prefer and would recommend based on price, durability, and style. Right now the one that has caught my eye is the Century Cargo tonneau cover, it runs about $899 from a local dealer with the interior headliner and installation.

http://socaltruck.net/bed_covers
Old 06-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
:bump: this man never got an answer.

I don't have a fiberglass, but mines a solid trifold with vinyl cover and I love it. Advance Accessories
Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Thanks for the info...I dont know why no one seems to want to help out on this situation.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I dunno, i'm running an Undercover, cost me 700 and change but it's composite not fiberglass. I know some people have painted to match, I left my black as my truck is BSP. I like it, it has shocks for opening, comes off the truck in about 30 seconds with two people, has two locks and secures the tail gate as well with it's overhang a bit. Fit could be a little tighter for my tastes but it's pretty good still, I'd recommend it.

(excuse the dirt )
Old 06-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with the Undercover, less expensive and durable.
Also, less maintenance...no waxing here!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Navy:
Yeah The Undercover seemed like a reasonable way to go especially to the weight factor, but I have a silver truck and I just think that would look like shit.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyTaco View Post
Yeah The Undercover seemed like a reasonable way to go especially to the weight factor, but I have a silver truck and I just think that would look like shit.
You can get it painted, I know a few members have done so. I'm not sure, but I think the fiberglass ones come unpainted as well... so either way you'll have to get it painted.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyTaco View Post
Not really. The truck bed is already black so, IMO, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Besides, silver and black looks good anyway. And you can paint it as stated above.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a roll-on Tonneau...want good quality, willing to pay for it....anyone have suggestions?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Enjoying my Tacoma
BillCarl is on a distinguished road
BillCarl's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Extang RT Tonneau Cover. I really love the cover but I cannot use my original bed cleats with it. Does anyone know if the mini bed cleats will work with it? I don't wnat to buy them in order to find out and then end up with another set of useless accessories.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
try to meet up withn another owner who has em and try em out. we are all brothers n 1 way here...right
Old 06-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at aztrucks.com right now. Probably going with the undercover - simple, cheap, few moving parts, and I can paint it later if I want. Seems like they carry a ton of different covers too. Plus, guy I spoke with that worked there is gonna be in my neighborhood on the fourth, said he would just bring it up here to me if I wanted, so I don't have to pay or deal with freight. Kind of nice.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^That's service. If he's giving a good deal on the Undercover, I'd snatch that in a heartbeat.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I got my truck delivered from another state and 5 hours away. Why should I leave to go get any accessories? BRING THEM TO ME! Oh yeah and come over and shoot my headlights bhlm please, thanks.

I think he quoted me $800 for the cover. Last I heard he was going to go run out and check and see if they had one in stock, but they have 2 on order. Not sure if theres something better out there, from what I've seen so far - I'll probably do it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Claudio D is on a distinguished road

Claudio D's Tacoma Gallery
I got the undercover tonneau a few weeks ago. So far Im very happy with it. It is light and strong. I just wish it had proper hinges up front. My cats like it gets hot in the sun.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #16
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
Hey, I got my truck delivered from another state and 5 hours away. Why should I leave to go get any accessories? BRING THEM TO ME! Oh yeah and come over and shoot my headlights bhlm please, thanks.

I think he quoted me $800 for the cover. Last I heard he was going to go run out and check and see if they had one in stock, but they have 2 on order. Not sure if theres something better out there, from what I've seen so far - I'll probably do it.
$800 for an undercover is steep.... most internet sites sell for under $700 with shipping... I have been known to do about $650 to a commercial address...
Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
Kylie's dad

^Dammit, I didn't realize you sold Undercover or I would've thrown your name out there.

TALK TO LUKE BEFORE YOU BUY!