1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior cap height measurements

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by maverick491, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 [OP] Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Hi guys,

I need a little help. After having someone mess with one of my bikes at the campground a couple of weeks ago, I have decided I need a cap so that I can secure the bikes when we are not riding them. However, while I prefer the looks of a cab high cap, I am not sure that it will be tall enough.

Could any of you with caps provide me with interior height measurements for both cab high and mid-rise models like the leer 100xl and leer 180, or comperable models.

Thanks,

Adam

2. Jun 12, 2009 at 4:54 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Well, my 100XQ measures 37" from the bed mat to the underside of the cap. The measurement was taken in the center of the bed. You may be able to squeak another 1/4" without the bed mat.

I'm pretty sure the 100XL has the same fiberglass shell as the XQ. I think the difference between the XL and the XQ is the windows and headliner.

Products Discussed in

To Top