Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MP3 or Ipod Interface

Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You use the "TEXT" button on the HU to scroll thru the different info. First screen gives track number and play list number, sencond gives artist, third gives song/album.
All of this is on the stock HU? I would like to be able to connect my ipod to it. How hard is it to install?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #22
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by phynyx38 View Post
All of this is on the stock HU? I would like to be able to connect my ipod to it. How hard is it to install?
SUPER EASY- Took not more that 35 mins- and I did two cars.

One plug into the back of the HU, one plug into each side of the box, and running the wire out to wherever you'd like to put your iPod.
I put mine in the glove compartment.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #23
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for all the info. Is it a PA-15 for a 2008 toy or a PA-20?

Looks like a PA-20 or does it matter?
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._PA20_TOY.html
Old 06-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phynyx38 View Post
Thanks for all the info. Is it a PA-15 for a 2008 toy or a PA-20?

Looks like a PA-20 or does it matter?
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._PA20_TOY.html
They look very similar...You may want to call them to ask what the difference is.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
Believe

Quote:
They look very similar...You may want to call them to ask what the difference is.
ya I will call and make sure. Will post what ever answer I get.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #26
mick6 is on a distinguished road

mick6's Tacoma Gallery
Yea if you find out the diff. post it, I am looking for one too....Thanks!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #27
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You use the "TEXT" button on the HU to scroll thru the different info. First screen gives track number and play list number, sencond gives artist, third gives song/album.
This would work on a 2006 Taco CD/Radio (not JBL)? I don't think I've ever tried that.....
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
This would work on a 2006 Taco CD/Radio (not JBL)? I don't think I've ever tried that.....
It should....I have the 6 disk NON JBL HU....
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #30
is it windy yet? has a spectacular aura aboutis it windy yet? has a spectacular aura aboutis it windy yet? has a spectacular aura about

is it windy yet?'s Tacoma Gallery
What about the actual Toyota sourced unit. Is it any better than the US-Spec one? It is certainly more money.

Ron
Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by is it windy yet? View Post
What about the actual Toyota sourced unit. Is it any better than the US-Spec one? It is certainly more money.

Ron
Likely made by US-Spec and marked up by Toyota to make their dealers happy and customers sad.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
iTaco
Ronin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud ofRonin has much to be proud of

Navy: SAR Swimmer
Name: Al
Ronin's Tacoma Gallery

is this one ok from Toyota?

how did you pop the radio out?

thanks for you input.

-al
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #33
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
not to change the subject to much here, but I have been using mp3 cds in the truck instead of the ipod set up, the aux just does not have the good sound... I try and not have songs compressed to less than 192 kbs on the mp3 cds and using itunes I can fit about 700 mbs onto one disc that usually equals 6 to 8 hours of music

I did try some lossless wav files on the ipod aux set up but the sound quality was still not as good as mp3 cds even compressed down to 192 kbs