Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MP3 or Ipod Interface

Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
Name: Steve
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
MP3 or Ipod Interface

I was wondering what is the best mp3 interface out there that is not too expensive around $100-$150. I have an 06 tacoma dbl cab and looking for one that you can control it from stock stereos buttons and would like the text too show as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the USA Spec in my 08 yesterday. It does the text through the stereo and all together kicks ass. I was so happy to take the FM Modulator back to best buy after installing the PA15 TOY. The install took about 30 minutes, and most of that was deciding where to route the thing to and put the ipod connection. I think it was delivered in about 5-6 days and I'm very happy so far.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by James08 View Post
I just installed the USA Spec in my 08 yesterday. It does the text through the stereo and all together kicks ass. I was so happy to take the FM Modulator back to best buy after installing the PA15 TOY. The install took about 30 minutes, and most of that was deciding where to route the thing to and put the ipod connection. I think it was delivered in about 5-6 days and I'm very happy so far.
X2 on the PA15-TOY.....Best thing I have done for the radio!
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I've read about the Peripheral unit says you must have a stereo with the AM/SAT button. My stereo does not have this button, so that is why I went with the USA Spec.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything I've read about the Peripheral unit says you must have a stereo with the AM/SAT button. My stereo does not have this button, so that is why I went with the USA Spec.
What you need is a connection in the back of the radio where you would plug in a remote CD storage deck.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
vinster8 will become famous soon enoughvinster8 will become famous soon enough

vinster8's Tacoma Gallery
yes the fm transmitters are crap, you can spend that same money on an interface that wont give you any static. i was lucky enough to get the metra interface right before circuit city went out of business for $50 and it works like a charm.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
vinster8 will become famous soon enoughvinster8 will become famous soon enough

vinster8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
thanks vinster
no prob
Old 06-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope....
I have the ipod2car Peripheral unit and I don't have the AM/SAT button.
I actually have the 6 disc CD changer also.

My radio looks just like this - no SAT button anywhere. It does have AM button - but I think all newer gen trucks have this?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nope....
I have the ipod2car Peripheral unit and I don't have the AM/SAT button.
I actually have the 6 disc CD changer also.

My radio looks just like this - no SAT button anywhere. It does have AM button - but I think all newer gen trucks have this?
Janster, you are correct. My unit looks exactly like yours. I think all you need with the Peripheral is a CD Changer female plug-in receptacle on the back, which mine had. I cannot see data on the LCD on the radio other than Track number, but I can use the track change buttons on the radio unit and all functions on the iPod work just fine.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Janster, you are correct. My unit looks exactly like yours. I think all you need with the Peripheral is a CD Changer female plug-in receptacle on the back, which mine had. I cannot see data on the LCD on the radio other than Track number, but I can use the track change buttons on the radio unit and all functions on the iPod work just fine.
The PA15-TOY lets you see song data....Artist, song, album, etc....
Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #19
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The PA15-TOY lets you see song data....Artist, song, album, etc....
Well dang! The USA Spec did not have that capability when I was in the market. No biggee....but nice nevertheless.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Well dang! The USA Spec did not have that capability when I was in the market. No biggee....but nice nevertheless.
You use the "TEXT" button on the HU to scroll thru the different info. First screen gives track number and play list number, sencond gives artist, third gives song/album.