Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How To remove Bumper?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
How To remove Bumper?

How do you remove the bumper?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Get a long chain, and another much larger truck. Hook them together and let the big truck haul ass...when chain gets tight...bu bye bumper.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
Get a long chain, and another much larger truck. Hook them together and let the big truck haul ass...when chain gets tight...bu bye bumper.
I was going for a more subtle approach...
I figured it out...
Its not that hard I think I will Post a HOW TO for this
Old 06-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
You removing the front bumper or the back after all?
the back.
when my buddies shrockworks comes in Ill be doing the front
Old 06-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the Tow Hitch too? Just wondering if that makes it more difficult. Pics would be great.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

haha. Its like doing homework.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
You know it! We're a smart group of people. Haha.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
isnt it a couple bolts and it just slides right off? (rear)
Yes, it's ridiculously easy to remove the tinfoil from the rear of the vehicle.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ar-bumper.html
Old 06-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
Do we really need a write up for this???

It's 6 bolts that are clearly visable and accessable, IMO we don't need a write up for everything.
Well... mebe sum1 is scared that it might be more than 6 bolts?
aparently some people went the freakin hard way around it in the first place and took it to a shop to use a hydraulic spreader when all the needed to do was loosen 6 more bolts...
and some guy fooled with his for an hour cause he caught all kinda hell doing it...

when reading those threads someone who is wondering how easy it is may think its impossible... but a easily accesible HOW TO thread that tells them an easy way to do it may not scare them off

dude im pretty sure everything ive ever posted that you responded to youve got some negative response too...
Did I offend you in a past lift or something?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's 6 bolts that are clearly visable and accessable, IMO we don't need a write up for everything.
It doesnt hurt to have for people that have never done it, or want clear instructions.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
^ +2. I wasn't sure and I wasn't about to undo the damn hitch by mistake. So, since I was doing it as well and on two other trucks that weren't mine, then yes I wanted confirmation on which bolts to undo. I didn't think making a "How To" would cause so much commotion.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #17
Edrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Edrin55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just my $.02 On base trucks, bolts are clearly visible. However there are only (4 bolts). So, if someone were to read your "6 bolt" instruction first, they would waste their time looking for 2 more bolts that didn't exist. On trucks with the tow package, the "six bolts" are not clearly visible. It makes one wonder if the tow bar needs to be removed first. Not many people on here are Mr. Joe Mechanic and need written, verbal, and visual instructions. This post doesn't do anything but aid those who are in need.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
No worries Oakley.

Quote:
no commotion, just didnt understand why it was needed. oh well i guess i stand alone on this

edit: more of why we needed one on something so simple, DIYs are great to have it just seems like were running out of DIYs
Old 06-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
^ +2. I wasn't sure and I wasn't about to undo the damn hitch by mistake. So, since I was doing it as well and on two other trucks that weren't mine, then yes I wanted confirmation on which bolts to undo. I didn't think making a "How To" would cause so much commotion.
"How to's" are a good thing. The write up was well done.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #20

I just like the fact that my truck was a feature in the DIY, well at least half of it anyways. But, you guys keep talking about 6 bolts, its really only 4. The only reason we had to take the others out is because we needed to detach the Tow Hitch for mine b/c Edrin doesn't have one. For that, you need to take off the plastic cover on the tongue of the bumper, otherwise it'd be just 4 bolts.