Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

For all you Scangauge fans.. have a laugh..

Old 06-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #21
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^Now see, to me, that's a valid reason to own one, the fact that it can read codes. To save money on gas? No. It sounds to me like a lot of folks need a crutch in order to improve their driving habits. For me, I don't need that. Years of driving tell me that if I accelerate rapidly, I'll get lower gas mileage (duh).
I'm with you on that 100%. I don't need one to tell me how to drive and I just turned 20. I might be a quick learner, but I think it has more to do with common sense . I want one for the code reading and to give me an ACCURATE mpg reading rather than me calculating it at the pump. Oh well until I find a good deal on one I Can live without it
Old 06-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
I'm with you on that 100%. I don't need one to tell me how to drive and I just turned 20. I might be a quick learner, but I think it has more to do with common sense . I want one for the code reading and to give me an ACCURATE mpg reading rather than me calculating it at the pump. Oh well until I find a good deal on one I Can live without it
DING DING DING! We have a winner.

See that's also the reason I haven't bought one. I can fill up for two months with $160 currently. I live 5 miles from work, I just don't need one.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #23
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
... or maybe not. Just spotted this via CNET. It's basically a repackaged Scangauge that appears to have been OEM'd to another company and does not appear to be sold by Linear-Logic. It's listed as $10 cheaper than a Scangauge II as well. It appears to have some of the "add-a-gauge" features preprogrammed to make it slightly more consumer friendly. Geeze.. everyone is getting in the game to make people drive the way they should to save gas. My question.. why do we need idiot lights, bells, whistles etc... to tell us we're putting our foot into it too hard and are decreasing gas mileage. Has your Scangauge saved you any $$$$.

http://www.fuelefficiencycenters.com/

PS Watch the CBS video promo. Talk about a lead foot.. she claims to have gone from filling up 4 times a week to just once? hmmm.
What's the difference between this and Scan gauge 2. I'm really tempting to buy 1. This or scan gauge 2
Old 07-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
What's the difference between this and Scan gauge 2. I'm really tempting to buy 1. This or scan gauge 2
You'll have to compare the product information off both the websites.

Here's the Scangauge II site:

http://www.scangauge.com/
Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
From the initial impressions and a tiny bit of reading there is really no real difference. On a Scangauge II you would have to add some of the MPG and trip stuff via the add-a-gauge in order for it to be selectable via one of the front buttons. This product simply appears to have some of that information preprogrammed into the buttons. It also doesn't appear to be able to read engine code (or did I miss that) and doesn't have the add-a-gauge functions.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #26
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
could it be possible to mount them in the little storage area under a single din radio?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #27
auart is on a distinguished road
Name: ART
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post

Its kinda like the Toyota Commercials about the other Car brands comparing their Cars to a Toyota, rather than buy a car that's just as good as a Toyota, I think I will just buy a .....TOYOTA !!!!
Same holds true here.

By the way, I bought mine 3 days ago jcwhitney.com and they had a 10% off coupon and FREE Shipping, my total was $143.99! It is making its way by FedEx right now and will be here tomorrow or Monday!
If the JcWhitney site doesn't have the coupon now (PlusTen is the Code) then wait a few days, they do it regularly.
IT is listed as 159.99 with free ship all the time, but the 10% off makes it the best deal going! OF course it is BRAND NEW in the Box!