1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Stereo's...WTF?!?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chiefridr, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I like the sound from my stock HU. I can get some deep bass out of it. It's not the loudest. but better than a couple ford stock radios I have had in old pick ups. those things sucked....

oh yeah, I had reception problems with the original HU. DEaler replaced it with no hassle.

I had enough of that aftermarket stereo stuff when i was a kid.

2. Jun 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    BravoZulu469

BravoZulu469 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    06 Superwhite TRD O/F
    Pioneer Deck, CB Radio, 3 inch body lift, exhaust soon,
    Does anyone know if there is a difference between the regular cab, access cab, or double cab systems? There is obviously more room for speakers and such as the cab gets bigger so is there a noticeable difference?

3. Jun 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    the 09's have the speakers in the headliner...not sure what year they started that but i saw a writeup about changing the speakers in an accesscab and they had speakers in the rear door...as i do not.

4. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    03blk27

03blk27 Active Member

Member:
    Manson MA
    Vehicle:
    18 Sand Storm double cab short bed TRD Off Road
    Stock
    Mine acted up the second i drove it off the lot, they replaced it no problem though.

5. Jun 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr [OP] I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    Ok, so there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I called the stealership today, and they were cool as hell about it! I thought I'd get some major runaround based on some of the horror stories some of you have had. So they say "No problem. We're not even repairing them. We're just ordering replacements for all the bad ones we get complaints about. If you got 5 minutes just swing by the service drive, and we'll get the numbers off it and you can be on your way." You coulda knocked me over with a feather! I couldn't freakin believe it! No hassle whatsoever! That's the way it should be!

Oddly enough, they say most of their stereo complaints aren't from Taco owners, but Sienna owners. Go figger! Anyway, they say they'll call when it comes in and a half hour install. Good to go!

Products Discussed in

To Top