Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

toytec ultimate lift with 285/70/17

Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
trev980980 is on a distinguished road
trev980980's Tacoma Gallery
toytec ultimate lift with 285/70/17

If i got a toytec ultimate lift kit and 285/70/17 how much trimming would be needed? thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Very little. Thats exactly what I'm running. Pics are in my gallery.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
trev980980 is on a distinguished road
trev980980's Tacoma Gallery
what about when like off roading. like when flexing?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to trim a lot out of the front of the fender well if you don't get UCAs and also do the body mount mod. If you get UCAs then will not have to trim the front of the wheel well but you will have to cut a ton out of the rear of the fender well and cut a body mount for sure.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
You will need to trim a lot out of the front of the fender well if you don't get UCAs and also do the body mount mod. If you get UCAs then will not have to trim the front of the wheel well but you will have to cut a ton out of the rear of the fender well and cut a body mount for sure.
Do you have the toytec ultimate lift kit also ?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, Totally false. I didn't even trim the rear. Don't really rub at all with mine even off road while flexing.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
Well I had to with mine. and a 2.5 inch lift is a 2.5 inch lift no matter how you slice it. I do have 17x9 wheels though with 4.5 backspace and -12 offset so they may stick out about 1/4 inch more.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #8
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
^ the difference between 2.5 and 3 in in terms of suspension is a huuuuge world of difference
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
^ the difference between 2.5 and 3 in in terms of suspension is a huuuuge world of difference
Ah, yup thats true.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i guess it the backspacing causing all the rubbing?
correct, it all depends on the wheel back spacing and offset you are running to determine the amount of trimming needed while running 285's
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
I have the toytec ULK with 7x9, 4.5bs, -12 offset wheels and 285/70/17 tires and I had some minor trimming front and back of the front fenders.