LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Remounted my GPS and ScanGauge today

Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Remounted my GPS and ScanGauge today

Got bored today so I remounted my GPS and ScanGauge:
Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't gotting around to ordering the door that goes to that compartment, I want one door left uncut for when I take up GPS out and one cut to fit around the mount for when its in.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, how about some more details on the install? wire routing etc.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #5

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
GPS wire routing: you will first need to extend the power wire or get a three way power point from walmart, I took out the center console both piece, took out the glove box, took off the A-Pillar plastic thing, took off the sunviser and the overhead console and remove the weather stripping from the passenger door, drilled a hole in the overhead just large enough to fit the power wire, then route the wire through the headliner, down the A-pillar, in the dash, to the back of the glove box, plug it into the Threeway. mounted the threeway in the glove box, routed the wire for that to the plug-in on the truck, re-installed everything, positioned the power for the threeway so that the least amount was showing and tucked into the center console by the plug-in.

Edit: I also have my CB wire into the same threeway for easy removal, for when I deploy and can't watch my truck.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #6

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
ScanGaugeII: took off weatherstripping, driver A-pillar plastic piece, and sunviser. Fish the scangauge wire up through the dash and out the hole by the A-pillar (Pain in the ass), routed up the A-pillar, and through the headliner (pushing the wire behind the lip of the headliner) to were the scangauge is mounted pluged in the scangauge. Re-install everything.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #7

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry didn't even think to grab the camera til after I was finished.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
sardog2111 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: BM1
sardog2111's Tacoma Gallery
-----

doesn't that distract you while driving at night. I had mine in that area for about a week and it really distracted me when I drove at night. Might have just been me though. Like the idea you have gonig on there.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Not a Fan.. I wouldnt want to look up at it there.. i perfer it in my Peref. when im driving.. also the night driving comment makes sense.. plus i like my compartmetns..

but if you like it good for you
Old 06-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #10

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have both of them on the low light setting. not distracting at all.