Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Recalls

Old 06-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Recalls

I have an 07...v6sr5, are there any recalls on this thing that i should know about???
Old 06-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
no, but search TSB
Old 06-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of people are going to their dealerships to get the supension tsb done is where the replace the shocks and struts with the billsteins (Unless you have the TRD package) along with new 4 leaf spring packs.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Truck View Post
Alot of people are going to their dealerships to get the supension tsb done is where the replace the shocks and struts with the billsteins (Unless you have the TRD package) along with new 4 leaf spring packs.

i am new and toyota and truck retarded...soooo, what is tsb i keep seeing, and how do i knwo if i have the trd package, i bought mine used. it says v6sr5 on the back and the sides says trd racing development stickers on the sides.

thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...reference.html
^^This is a really good thread for TSB info. It is stickied in the new member forum. Also check out other stickied threads in various forums. Just be sure you have a few hours to sit and do some reading.

And also, welcome to the 'World'
Old 06-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
jfr02 will become famous soon enough

Army:
jfr02's Tacoma Gallery
i just read an article on consumer affairs.it statees the toyota is fighting to keep from recalling 05-08 tacomas for unwated exceleration. it has caused 51 accidents and 12 injuries.it is being blamed on the drive by wire system.i myself dont like it and wish i could have the good old cable system.on that note i'm still wondering if anyone with the 2.7l manual trans is having any clutch issues.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfr02 View Post
i just read an article on consumer affairs.it statees the toyota is fighting to keep from recalling 05-08 tacomas for unwated exceleration. it has caused 51 accidents and 12 injuries.it is being blamed on the drive by wire system

Hahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahaha

search this topic.

One of the guys says it happened with his manual transmision
Old 06-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...on that note i'm still wondering if anyone with the 2.7l manual trans is having any clutch issues.

I haven't had any issues yet.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just read an article on consumer affairs.it statees the toyota is fighting to keep from recalling 05-08 tacomas for unwated exceleration. it has caused 51 accidents and 12 injuries.it is being blamed on the drive by wire system.i myself dont like it and wish i could have the good old cable system.on that note i'm still wondering if anyone with the 2.7l manual trans is having any clutch issues.

there is a little 'bump' just after you stop with the auto. But more than likely it's a buncha stupid people that stepped on the gas instead of the brake and won't admit it.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #10
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

UNWANTED Acceleration does not exist at Tacoma World... Very much "wanted." I have seen some over-acceleration however.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
heres how to find if your truck has any recalls, I check it everyonce in a while, my dad has an 04 and he had some recalls on his, but with the 05-07 nothing

http://www.auto123.com/en/used-cars/...coma&year=2007
Old 06-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
07SportTaco is on a distinguished road
07SportTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We took our tacoma in for service before our warranty went out about a month ago and we didnt know about the tsb recall yet. I am affraid that we got the screw on this one. I am thinking toyota will say it is our problem, however it seems they should be responsible for recalling it when we brought it in, what do yall think is the best way of approaching this?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #13
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2008 tacoma and i had a problem with the clutch it made a clicking niose
so they took in my car for like a week and they took off the transmission and inspected it and after all the diagnose they replaced
case sub-assy
Nut
Disc assy. (clutch)
Cover assy. (clutch)
Bearing assy (clutch)
and F.I.P.G. (transmission)

the good thing was that the warranty covered everything
Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #14
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SportTaco View Post
We took our tacoma in for service before our warranty went out about a month ago and we didnt know about the tsb recall yet. I am affraid that we got the screw on this one. I am thinking toyota will say it is our problem, however it seems they should be responsible for recalling it when we brought it in, what do yall think is the best way of approaching this?
First of all the TSB is NOT a recall, meaning toyota has no obligation to you to point them out. It is a bullitin given to all the dealerships by toyota corperate that shows there is a common problem covered by warrenty. It is just so if a customer comes in with a common issue, they know immediately what to order and how to fix it.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
If I remeber correctly the search on the advanced auto parts website said there was a recal on a hundred or so 07 tacomas for driveshafts. Let me check real quick to verify.