Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which compressor is best?

Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Which compressor is best?

I am looking for a vehicle mounted compressor for my current needs of airing up tires but I also want it for air lockers in the future. What would you recommend or what do you use? I have seen some of the ARB compressors say they are only recommended for use with lockers.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Via air makes some good stuff...Decide what kind of duty cycle, and air flow you need, and check them out.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/productID/184
Old 06-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What do you think of this one? http://www.viaircorp.com/450c.html
I think it is exactly what I need. I am doing some searches for reviews.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Quick Air 2. Love it!

I mounted it under my hood on my 95, but it won't fit in my 08. I have it in a small tool bag for a carry-on.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Via air makes some good stuff...Decide what kind of duty cycle, and air flow you need, and check them out.
Right, pretty much all of them are good. First detemine how much output/power you need, then find the size and price that'll work for you.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
check out pepboys / checkers ...

http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm
Old 06-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
BRT

I have seen those and they work like a champ but I want something that I can install in the engine compartment to run a locker and to air up tires.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kellon
tooblutacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
If you are dying to spend a lot of money on one, then get an Air Zenith. They are nice, but probably not worth it for your application. But if you ever want to run tools, it would be a great compressor for it.
VIAIR's are nice too.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
people on the frontier board (prev truck) put them in a toolbox with a small air tank in the bed of the truck....if you have a 4cyl you can find plenty of places to put in under the hood.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
BRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
people on the frontier board (prev truck) put them in a toolbox with a small air tank in the bed of the truck....if you have a 4cyl you can find plenty of places to put in under the hood.

yep on the driver side engine bay there is a ton of room.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
anestech* will become famous soon enough
anestech*'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
check out pepboys / checkers ...

http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm
x2, I keep mine behind the drivers rear seat. Never tried to run tools with it, but it works great for airing up. I have a 5 gallon portable tank that I could rig up to run tools most likely, I should try that someday...