1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lower Grille Bug Screen Ideas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FL4x4Taco, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok, I need some idea guys. I am running a cusom Fia bug screen on the grille of my taco, and it's doing a great job of keeping bugs out of the cooling system fins. Problem is the lower opening in the bumper. Wide open down there and it's wrecking the condensor/radiator fins with bugs and stones from hwy use. dimensions of the opening that need covered 29.5" x 3.25". Yes I can rig some screen up, but I'd like something less rigged.... more like the Fia screen on the grille, but they don't make them for the lower portion of the tacos. :mad: Need some ideas guys. thanks.

One thing I've been thinking is those "billet" grille inserts or whatever. I've never handled one before, but I've seen a lot of tacos running them on the lower grille opening. Might be able to put some screen on the backside of that thing. Get one in blk, done. ?? maybe?

Products Discussed in

To Top