Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Double Cab TRD Sport Towing Pkg 4x4...what should I pay?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
That is true.. but you have to fianace through the dealership to get it
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
09 dbl cab trd off road 4x4 tow pkg. sticker - $31,239.
negotiated (including $1500 rebate) $25,900.
add tax, title... $27,510 out the door.
7 yr 100,000 platinum warranty $975.
4.75% 5 yr loan thru Toyota Finance.

5/07/09 Boston, MA
Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #23
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
I got 5% from B of A on a 72 month loan. No fees. I doubt they can do better than that. Shop bank loans before you hit the dealership.
Quote:
They offered me a 4.54% on a 60, or a 5.3% on a 72. I said I liked 5 better... put on hold... 5 min later, they agreed. Never hurts to ask.
3.9% for 60 :P Toyota Motor Credit.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, but thats toyota financing. Your rebates no longer apply, and there's other fees worked into the deal. The math gets a lot fuzzier financing at the dealer.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, but thats toyota financing. Your rebates no longer apply, and there's other fees worked into the deal. The math gets a lot fuzzier financing at the dealer.
True that. I financed through my credit union at 4.75% for 60 month, and no tricks involved. Much easier than financing through a dealer.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 AM   #26
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Mother in law was the former finance manager for the dealership we bought from, we had her on the phone while the general manager was doing her every wish signing the paperwork. LoL! No tricks here. :P Plus I got the extra care package for 1000 vice the normal 1500
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #27
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Best way to get a price is go to carsdirect.com or edmunds... check out their price, and haggle with that, not the MSRP... don't pay any more (before tax and tags, etc) than their price.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:16 AM   #28
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Best way to get a price is go to carsdirect.com or edmunds... check out their price, and haggle with that, not the MSRP... don't pay any more (before tax and tags, etc) than their price.
Nah, Carsdirect and Edmunds have shitty and incomplete information.

If you want good information on your car, like anything else, you have to pay for it. Businesses pay good money for market intelligence, and researching car buyers should too.

The only place I've found that does a good job is Fighting Chance.

These guys are awesome. Their packet includes dealer invoice/prices on:

- Base vehicles
- All PIO/Accessories
- Toyota regional dealership administrative fees (if applicable)
- Factory to customer rebates
- Factory to dealer incentives

And more.

No, I don't work for them, but I do love their product. There's nothing like being able to walk into a dealership and tell them exactly what it cost them to get your vehicle and make it clear that you won't be taken at too high a price. It does away with a LOT of the shenanigans dealers often try to pull.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #29
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Edmunds seemed good to me - especially how you can email multiple dealers with your build requesting a price quote. However, I tried carsdirect, and they gave me the highest price, and the most attitude when I told them it was way too high. I would suggest not bothering with them.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #30
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
You should disregard the OTD price as when people post that, it includes trade ins, T&T, etc. The real price is prior to any of those being factored in, since different states have different fees. Compare "apples to apples."
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #31
yote is on a distinguished road
yote's Tacoma Gallery
Invoice for that truck is around 28,700.

Invoice - Rebate would be around 27200, so if you got out the door including TTT then I'd say it was a good deal considering the current market.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #32
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
I paid just over $30k for mine out the door. That was with the roof rack and tube steps installed also. It was also back in August of '08. I think I could have done better but I was driving an '01 Ford Focus with 3 windows that didn't go up or down and 2 of the 4 doors didn't open, the passenger side floor board also filled with 2 feet of water everytime it rained so I was in a hurry to get out of it.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #33
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

I thought "out the door" price would be the overall agreed on total cost of the vehicle. For example, I agreed to a $30k truck out the door. I then put down $10k and got $500 for my trade in, making what I financed $19,500, but that's not what I ultimately paid in total. I just thought out the door included tax, title, tags, and any other incidental fees they scam us with, such as roof racks or tube steps
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #34
yote is on a distinguished road
yote's Tacoma Gallery
To me, out the door means what it says...out the door.

If I say I'll give 30 out the door, then it's up to them to figure out the sale price, the rebate, the doc fee etc. I pay 30...period.

(Only exception is an extended warranty unless negotiated in the out the door deal which I've found many dealers don't like to do because it's a separate purchase as far as they are concerned)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #35
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up with $27,000 on the price of the truck with my out the door after my $7k trade and $5k down being $16,499 financed. My rate was decent considering I'm young and have limited credit no matter how good it is.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #36
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
... any other incidental fees they scam us with, such as roof racks or tube steps
Damn roof rack and tube step fees! I hate those! Scammers!

Heh.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #37

The salesman tried to charge me double what they list for on Toyota's own website and then tried to tell me it takes 16 hours to bolt them on. 16 hours!! When I replied "who's putting them on, you?" he got mad at me. The parts might not be a scam but they tried to make a scam out of it so it counts.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #38
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Tube steps are a 10 minute job - if you're a slowpoke. My goodness.

Your point stands!